New Scam Board WebSite Support

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 22:36:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery

Pages: [1]

New Scam Board

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 3335

Online Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

I’ve made a new scam board,

http://www.datahopa.co.uk/forum/latest-scams/

Legion is going to post about the latest scams that come to the Internet or through your letterbox.

Most of us don’t normally fall for these things, but some do and I thought it a good idea to help spread the word.

Feed Source: Action Fraud

PS Sorry about the 8 post in a row from Legion, it wont happen again.   

Posted February 26, 2011, 14:05:03 PM Logged

Online Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

Nice idea  thumbsup
Posted February 26, 2011, 14:35:16 PM Logged

Online Carl2
United States Posts: 720

I've got a few to add, I think the internet is filled with scams.  One place where I think the Goverment should step in and try to get things straightened out.
Carl2
Posted February 28, 2011, 21:04:32 PM Logged

Online Carl2

I just ran into something new on the internet,  MS edge opened up and said my computer was being blocked and to call a number, Edge would not shut down so I used Task mgr to shut it down.  If edge was restarted that page appeared again.  I was able to use chrome to get on the internet.  I ran windows defender and it found 2 severe threats, one it was able to delete and one would not delete (SupportScam:JS/TechBrolo.A)
I ran a search of the above mentioned malware or whatever and found I could remove the software myself if I am an expert or download some software, They also mentioned registry entries. Anyways I downloaded the software.
  I tried restarting the computer, did searches for the above mentioned and looked the reg edit.  I ran the software I had downloaded and it came up with several hundred  bad things in my computer it was nice enough to give me the location of this bad software but using explorer showed this did not exist.  So after a while Edge is now working properly and the other software is no longer listed when defender is run.
  Sorry this is so long and the MS website say defender takes it out although it takes a while it seems.
Carl2
Posted March 29, 2017, 16:20:33 PM Logged

Online DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

That sounds like a bad one, Carl. Hope all goes well with the removal.
Posted March 30, 2017, 23:37:05 PM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us

Online Carl2

It was all removed with Windows defender, on the first try it found 2 threats but could not remove one.  A second try using defender did not show the other threat and I can't find it in the computer. What also bothered me is the software to remove the threat reported all these problems that didn't exist and naturally you have to buy it to remove problems.
Carl2
Posted March 31, 2017, 12:44:39 PM Logged

Online DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

So the software to remove the threats was also scamware. Interesting. Glad you were able to get it resolved.
Posted March 31, 2017, 14:16:56 PM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us

Online Carl2

Pretty minor threats now a days compared to what we had in the XP days, I really glad Microsoft got involved and has Defender.
Carl2
Posted April 03, 2017, 14:40:38 PM Logged
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 192
164 Guests, 5 Users
Freddy, DaveMorton, Data, Carl2, Urania

fast-registration