British GP of 2010 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 04:01:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneBritish GP of 2010

Pages: [1]

British GP of 2010

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 2146

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

An altered track for 2010, a few teams with car up-dates including the long awaited Mclaren up-date but will any of them make that much of a difference?

I watched free practice one, you cant read to much into it but as normal the RedBulls are quick, Renault looked fast too and Mclaren, well Lewis out performed Jenson but It seemed that they are still trying to fully understand the new up-dates.

Silverstone is really a track with fast corners, meaning its more likely to suit the RedBull so can anyone catch them?

Its going to be a good race whatever Wink
Posted July 09, 2010, 12:05:06 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

The Red Bulls lock out the front row on the grid with Vettel in pole.

Alonso doing well in 3rd and Hamilton a good 4th.
Button manages a poor 14th. Lots of changes going on with the Mclarens. Their new air package didn't work so they changed back to old package for practice 3 and qualifing. Hamilton's car was either better or he settled into it quicker. Button complaining about rear end grip.
Rosberg makes 5th well ahead on Schumy in 10th

On with the race...
Posted July 10, 2010, 14:55:34 PM
Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 14:58:25 PM by Snowcrash
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

A point to note on how fast these cars really are.

Vettel's fastest qualifing time is 1:29.615

Lorenzo's best time in MotoGP was 2'03.308

33 odd seconds a lap faster than a 1000cc fast race bike. I realise F1 cars have 4 pieces of rubber and can corner much faster but the bikes don't even come close.
Posted July 10, 2010, 15:03:07 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

I had no idea the bikes were that much slower, I guess its all in the corners, talking of corners I saw the on screen G Force graphic hit its maximum of 5 Gs on more than one occasion and on more than one car going through some of the corners at Silverstone, the grip these F1 cars have, simply mind blowing  Shocked

The drivers seem to really like the new track layout, lets hope there will be some overtaking opportunities in the race, I’m not sure there will be.
Posted July 10, 2010, 15:14:25 PM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 162
155 Guests, 1 User
Urania