Chinese GP of 2010 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 04:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneChinese GP of 2010

Pages: [1] 2

Chinese GP of 2010

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 8009

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Well the Chinese GP of 2010 will soon be upon us folks; here we are going to discus it.
Posted April 12, 2010, 12:00:14 PM Logged

Offline SpoT UK
United Kingdom Posts: 15

I think it’s a good track with some opportunities for overtaking, if anyone can overtake there Lewis can.

But can Vettel win it? He did last year from pole and this year its even more important with the new 2010 rules to qualify well.

With the apparent advantage the RedBull has in qualifying the smart money would have to be on Vettel.

Or will Mclaren have a new ride height adjustment system on the car giving them a boost in qualifying.

The track is hard on tyres, it could go Jenson Buttons way with his smooth driving.

My thoughts  Roll Eyes
Posted April 12, 2010, 14:56:56 PM Logged

Offline Trixter

Im just hoping for a good battle between the Redbulls, Ferrari's and Mclaren. I really want to see Schumacher come back to life aswell and show what he can do. I think it is hard to bet against Vettel but what the hell I will anyway. I think Mclaren will have closed the gap and I think Lewis could win this with Alonso and Vettel also on the podium. Cant wait.
Posted April 12, 2010, 18:11:30 PM Logged

Lets hope qualifying goes better this time and we see the true pace of the cars. My money is on Lewis, but then it normally is  Grin. Im still wondering about this ride height issue, to me there isn’t enough being said about it over the web but it seems such a big thing.

A good battle between the Redbulls, Ferrari's and Mclaren, sounds like a good race, one I want to see.

Schumacher, can he beat his team mate this time? Would like to think he could but as we all know Rosberg is no push-over.

TV already set to record quali and race Cool
Posted April 12, 2010, 19:39:28 PM Logged

Offline Trixter

Looks like we may be in for more rain on Sunday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/CHXX0116
Posted April 12, 2010, 21:02:31 PM Logged

Nice find Trixter:
Interesting, im happy with a wet or a dry race, do prefer a dry qualifying though.
Posted April 12, 2010, 21:23:51 PM Logged

Offline SpoT UK

Ok its early days but im going for:

Alonso, Hamilton, Webber

Why not Vettel? He doesn’t seem to get the luck to win 2 races in a row.

I might change my mind.  Smiley
Posted April 12, 2010, 22:12:36 PM Logged

Offline SpoT UK

So Practice 1 and 2 are over, what did we learn?

Well we all know you can’t read too much into practice but some interesting things happened.

Sebastien Buemi’s front wheels both came off the car under heavy breaking, was a sight to see, Sebastien is fine but is the Toro Rosso car fit for the race? To have both wheels fail is quite a major fault.

Ferrari seems off the pace in China and were a second behind the leaders, Alonso’s engine failed as well which doesn’t look good for the rest of the season.

The Mclaren is looking strong with Jenson and then Lewis setting the fastest times in practice 1 and 2.

Surprisingly the Red Bulls were a little off the pace but im not reading to much into that, they were close and still have another practice session to set up the car right.

Mercedes are looking strong too with Rosberg splitting the two Mclaren’s, yet again out performing his team mate Michael Schumacher.
Posted April 16, 2010, 12:14:06 PM
Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:26:31 PM by SpoT UK

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Anyone who missed practice, this is Buemi's front suspension failing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8624282.stm

WOW

That's gotta knock ya confidence in the car.
Posted April 17, 2010, 14:23:29 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline SpoT UK

Qualifying is over, was a little surprising to me.

Here are the grid positions.   

Qualifying results China 2010
Posted April 17, 2010, 15:03:55 PM Logged

Offline SpoT UK

Jenson Button wins in China

Lewis Hamilton 2nd

Nico Rosberg 3rd

My driver of the day, Lewis Hamilton for some fantastic overtaking, What was the second safety car for? A small piece of carbon fibre.

Mclaren are now leading the world championship.

Button leads the drivers title.

Posted April 18, 2010, 17:12:36 PM Logged

Hamilton was the most exciting driver to watch, must have done the most overtaking, again.

Button smooth driving and a cool head.

Rosberg and Kubica both showing their class.

Say what you will most others drivers had a bad day.

Second safety car was crazy!
Posted April 18, 2010, 17:27:37 PM Logged

Offline Trixter

What a great race, so much action. Respect to Button, he only went and made the right call on tyres again, bloody brave choice and it paid off. Lewis again drove a great race with plenty of on track battles, I really enjoyed his battle with Schumi and his double overtake on Vettel and sutil, great to watch. 80% of the bbc highlights are of Lewis overtaking, love him or hate him he is a true racer easily the most entertaining to watch.

Another great factor is that this year the steward decisions are much better, having ex drivers helps and they actually use common sence, this is the pinnacle of racing guys! Well done for not recking a great result.

Button leading te WDC with 2 wins, who would have guessed that, I didnt for sure but im really glad as it proves that Mclaren drivers are treated equally, Button has out scored Lewis so he needs respect for that. It is a long season though and my money is still on Lewis to beat Button over the season (along with every other driver). I think the weather has played a big part in the early races and when we have some dry races we will really see where we stand.

What the hell has happened to shumi?Huh?

Posted April 18, 2010, 20:58:57 PM Logged

Nice post there Trixter, you summed up the race very well.

The double overtake on Vettel and sutil was a sight to see, had me jump out of my chair. I watched the highlights of the race on BBC 3 and noticed that most of it was Lewis and I had forgotten but Lewis actually overtook Shumi twice.

Have to agree with you regarding the new stewards, it seems at last they are pro racing and do seem to know what they are doing. Looking good for the rest of the season and beyond. About time too.

Mclaren are now the team to beat, certainly in changing conditions with Lewis behind the wheel and Jenson making good tyre calls, they must have the best driver pair on the grid, well I cant think of any better. 

Shumi is looking like a noob or a “has been” to me, his teammate is making a mockery of the great man, I personally don’t think he should have come back, but he loves driving and what team boss could say no to him.

Looking forward, my money is on Mclaren for the constructors championship and I’m not ruling Jenson Button out for the title, maybe he’s not the racer Lewis is but he does have a more mature head on his shoulders and seems to have a knack for the strategy that maybe other drivers are lacking right now.
Posted April 19, 2010, 12:59:49 PM Logged

Offline Trixter

Yep Mclaren have the strongest line up for sure, the 08 and 09 champs, it doesnt get better. You may be right on Button, he does have a cool head, i just think in in more normal circumstances Lewis will prove to be to quick. Its going to be great to watch, as it stands Button is leading so he has done the better job.

I wonder if Alonso and Massa will be sending birthday cards this year, I doubt it, Alonso really showed him whos boss, Massa will not like that, could get interesting, surely Alonso wont fall out with another team mate!!!

Posted April 19, 2010, 14:59:17 PM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1] 2
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 165
147 Guests, 1 User
DataBot