European GP 2012 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 00:08:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

Pages: [1] 2

European GP 2012

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 6574

Offline DD1975 Topic starter
England Posts: 1614

So Vettel Takes Pole with Hamiton in 2nd:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18564600
Posted June 23, 2012, 15:47:58 PM Logged
Smoke me a Kipper I'll be back for breakfast - Ace Rimmer

Online Data
United Kingdom Administrator

Take note of the grid positions, its probably going to be the race result as well  Huh?

Yes another track where overtaking is almost impossible, I just hope I’m wrong and we see some.

Looking forward to the race but not overly excited. That might change if Hamilton gets a great start and takes the lead into the first corner.  Smiley
Posted June 23, 2012, 18:20:23 PM Logged

I think Jensons comments after quali said it all!!
Posted June 23, 2012, 18:48:21 PM Logged

Offline GT40
France WWW Posts: 554

I notice I was the only one voting "Alonso" about the question "Who do you think is the most skilful driver?".

I know, a poll from 2010, but I guess I didn't change my mind... Cool

Posted June 24, 2012, 16:18:22 PM Logged

Felt sorry for Grosjean today he was having a good drive  Sad

As for Hamilton, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere near him after the incident with Maldanado (Who I note blamed Hamilton for being agressive!!!)  Shocked
Posted June 24, 2012, 16:27:38 PM Logged

Online Data

Who says you can’t overtake at Valencia  scratch-head   lol

Best race there has ever been there.

What’s that GT? Alonso wins a race and now he is the most skilful driver in the world  lol

Two Renault alternators die in the same race, poor Grosjean, I feel for him there.

Maldonado, too quick to blame other drivers when you are at fault IMHO. Still a rookie at heart.
Posted June 24, 2012, 16:35:22 PM Logged

I think it was a bit silly from maldnando, Hamilton just stuck to the racing line. Maldanado need to back off a little as he was clearly quicker than Hamilton and with a lap and a half to go would have passed Hamilton at some point.
Posted June 24, 2012, 16:40:27 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

I notice I was the only one voting "Alonso" about the question "Who do you think is the most skilful driver?".

I know, a poll from 2010, but I guess I didn't change my mind... Cool

More of us voted Button, who's having a terrible time. Money's on you at the mo.

As for the race. !!  sign-lost for words
Posted June 24, 2012, 16:44:09 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Data

I think it was a bit silly from maldnando, Hamilton just stuck to the racing line. Maldanado need to back off a little as he was clearly quicker than Hamilton and with a lap and a half to go would have passed Hamilton at some point.

Yes my thoughts exactly DD, a more mature driver would have held back for a better place to overtake, it was obvious he was going to get past.
Posted June 24, 2012, 16:45:02 PM Logged

Offline GCCDave
United States Posts: 31
Don't mind me. I just drank a cotion of ponfusion.

Some people just need to learn the value of patience, I guess. Sad
Posted June 24, 2012, 16:53:22 PM Logged
Yes, officer, that IS a 'Get Out of Jail Free' card.    Will it work?

Offline GT40

Of course I hope Grosjean will win very soon (please don't laugh, I was a big fan of Lotus when Jim Clark was racing). No doubt Hamilton has been incredibly unlucky (Vettel too). Not my fault if I like Alonso. lol

Posted June 24, 2012, 19:06:12 PM Logged

Still a rookie at heart.

For me this is part of the problem, F1 is supposed in theory to be the pinnacle of racing therefore there really shouldn't be any "rookie" drivers just drivers at the top of their game.

Surely that's what feeder series like GP2 are for?

Granted you will get some young drivers who are genuinely talented to make the step early in their careers such as Hamilton was, but generally speaking I think there are too many young drivers brought in to F1 who just aren't ready to make the step up.
Posted June 24, 2012, 19:14:27 PM Logged

Online Data

GT, please carry on supporting Alonso, you are his only fan that I am aware of that frequents this site, we need you and forgive you  Wink

Some justice has been served. 

Pastor Maldonado given punishment
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18573966
Posted June 25, 2012, 00:44:24 AM Logged

Offline GT40

Thank you so much Data to tolerate an Alonso's fan on a British forum. But I must sincerely admit that Hamilton and Button are two not too bad drivers, too. Smiley

Thanks again.

About GP2 drivers, Saturday I watched the first race: more a demolition derby than a race...

Posted June 25, 2012, 12:28:28 PM Logged

About GP2 drivers, Saturday I watched the first race: more a demolition derby than a race...

This is kind of my point GT, by the time drivers get to GP2 they should be at a more advanced stage of their driving career than currently they are, this is the whole point of lower end series like Forluma Ford, Formula Renualt etc. to teach young drivers how to race properly before they get into stupidly fast cars.

The whole problem is drivers are being thrown in at the deep end in very fast cars instead of serving an apprenticeship in the lower end series like they used to in the past.

And by the way, we don't mind you supporting Alonso  thumbsup
Posted June 25, 2012, 19:51:55 PM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1] 2
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 184
161 Guests, 3 Users
Data, Freddy, Urania