European GP of 2010 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 20:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneEuropean GP of 2010

Pages: [1]

European GP of 2010

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 2843

Offline Snowcrash Topic starter
England Global Moderator

Just in case you were wondering why 2 GP in Spain this year. This one is classed as the European GP. (Valencia)

Ferrari have new parts for this GP and should be up there with the McLarens and Red Bulls. MercGP seemed to go a bit backwards for the last GP so here's hoping they sort their package out.

The hunt for the title couldn't be closer. Most points are approx 2.5 X what they were last year. That would equate to only 3 points covering top 3 drivers and only 2 more points to Alonso in 4th.

May the best driver (as long as it's not Alonso) win  Cool Shocked Tongue
Posted June 20, 2010, 10:54:17 AM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Data
United Kingdom Administrator

Some good points there Snowcrash. I could maybe add this.

Being a new ish track Valencia is harder to try to predict how the race will run, I do remember it being tough to overtake their so qualifying is going to be important at this one.

If Ferrari’s new parts do the trick this could possibly be the closest race of the season with 3 teams all fighting for the win and possibly no team having any major advantage.

Just a shame that there might not be that much overtaking, personally I’m not a fan of the track, well not yet  Wink
Posted June 20, 2010, 14:11:57 PM Logged

England Global Moderator

The Red Bulls have locked out the front row of the grid again with Vetel in pole.
Hamilton qualified in 3rd with Button not quite hooking it up in 7th.

Hopefully it'll be a 2 stop race and the McLarens can overtake in the pits...
Posted June 27, 2010, 11:05:21 AM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Data

RedBull have introduced the F duct to their car for this race, now the advantage the McLarens had has been reduced, Lewis and Jenson are going to have to pull out all the stops.
Posted June 27, 2010, 11:23:42 AM Logged

England Global Moderator

An action packed GP.

Webber had a big off, going airbourne after colliding with Kovalainen's Lotus.

Had to put this link in 'cos YouTube keep removing video of Webbers crash.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8784798.stm

This caused confusion for Hamilton when the safety car came out and he got a drive through penelty. Alonso is still miffed 'cos he got stuck behind the safety car.

There were 9 drivers handed post-race penalties for having too fast a time in the dash for the pits under the safety car. These are Button, Barrichello, Hulkenberg, Kubica, Petrov, Sutil, Liuzzi, Buemi and de la Rosa.
All recieved a 5 second penalty.
Also Glock has had 20 seconds added to his race time for ignoring blue flags.

The standings after the penalties are still Vetel, Hamilton, Button but Alonso gets 8th instead of 9th
Posted June 28, 2010, 01:55:00 AM
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 13:16:26 PM by Snowcrash

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Data

I was wondering what was going to happen re the cars being investigated after the race, 5 second penalties seems fair.
Posted June 28, 2010, 18:19:34 PM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 175
139 Guests, 4 Users
Carl2, Freddy, Data, DataBot