F1 2014 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 02:01:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

Pages: [1]

F1 2014

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 5984

Offline DD1975 Topic starter
England Posts: 1576
Posted December 03, 2013, 17:46:26 PM Logged
Smoke me a Kipper I'll be back for breakfast - Ace Rimmer

Offline Data
United Kingdom Administrator

I didn't know there was going to be an energy recovery system or ERS on the turbo, I thought the turbo was an ERS, well it is so they are going to bolt an ERS to an ERS.
Posted December 03, 2013, 20:30:29 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Nested ERS... er er (2 x er's)  lol
Posted December 03, 2013, 20:49:52 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

These engines will be governed by two different fuel restrictions: a maximum fuel-flow rate of 100kg an hour; and a maximum of 100kg of fuel to be used through a race.

That makes it flat out for only 1 hour. Some races are nearer 2 hours. So 1/2 fuel for these?
Posted December 03, 2013, 21:02:16 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Data

These engines will be governed by two different fuel restrictions: a maximum fuel-flow rate of 100kg an hour; and a maximum of 100kg of fuel to be used through a race.

That makes it flat out for only 1 hour. Some races are nearer 2 hours. So 1/2 fuel for these?

It does sound nuts but ... smart arse attack  Grin

The drivers aren't flat out on the throttle for all the lap, especially the races that last longer  Tongue
Posted December 03, 2013, 21:18:59 PM Logged

It does sound nuts but ... smart arse attack  Grin

The drivers aren't flat out on the throttle for all the lap, especially the races that last longer  Tongue

Smart arse  sign-great-job
Posted December 03, 2013, 21:25:09 PM Logged

Offline Data

Hehe  Cheesy

Seriously looking forward to next years season, who knows, someone might actually make a better car than Adrian Newey, these new rules are going to shack it up for sure.
Posted December 03, 2013, 22:43:19 PM Logged

This season race list, one new race in Russia but slightly surprised to see Bahrain still having a GP

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/25220593
Posted December 04, 2013, 18:36:55 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator
Posted December 11, 2013, 19:22:21 PM Logged

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I saw that, seems a bit daft to me, I see why they dreamed it up just to try to inject a bit of life into the end of the season but I don't really thought through that one.
Posted December 11, 2013, 22:08:14 PM Logged

Offline Data

I'm not for the double points on the last race either, Isn't F1 about reliability over the whole season ?

I don't know, it seems to be a ploy to keep it interesting down to the last race and nothing more.
Posted December 12, 2013, 17:32:27 PM Logged
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 166
141 Guests, 2 Users
Freddy, Urania

fast-registration