Hungarian GP of 2010 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2018, 15:58:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneHungarian GP of 2010

Pages: [1]

Hungarian GP of 2010

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 2024

Online Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

This is going to be such an interesting race I thought I would start the topic.

The track is small with slow to mid speed corners, quite possibly this could mean it suits the Mclaren, but the pace Ferrari had at the last GP makes me think that they could dominate and obviously the RedBulls are going to be quick too.

None of the front-runners have any major up-dates to their cars so don’t expect any huge change in any of the cars performance.

All eyes are going to be on Ferrari after their $100.000 fine for obviously breaking the “no team orders” rule. The team is under the spotlight right now, it surely must add some pressure to the whole camp, but I would like to see Massa do well and redeem himself. And to give credit where it’s due, the red cars are flying again.   

I don’t think we are going to see a battle between the two Ferraris, now we know that Massa is their number 2 driver, at least for the remainder of the year, he is going to do his job as rear gunner for Alonso, or is he?

Yes this is going to be an interesting race weekend.
Posted July 28, 2010, 21:00:41 PM Logged

As I’ve not been feeling to well lately I haven’t had chance to post what happened in the  Hungarian GP, so I thought I would let Murray Walker explain….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/murraywalker/2010/08/my_hungarian_grand_prix_review.html
Posted August 04, 2010, 13:22:43 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

All in all a good race but Mclaren are struggling. Hamilton out through gearbox problems and Button unable to get a decent grid position kept him tied up in 8th (started 14th I think).
Schumy has been given a 10 place grid penalty for Spa for his 'horrible' overtaking maneuver on Rubins. And rightly so. I have never really liked Schumy due to this part of his personality.
Vettel got a drive through penalty for backing the field up (more than 10 car lengths) on the re-start. Webber was in the lead but Vettel tried to control the re-start. This is the privilege of being in the lead not second.
Well done to Webber, excellent race.

In practice 3 there were several telling comments. One was 'we are the best of the fixed wings' comment from Mclaren. If you watch the Red Bull's wing definitely flexes and so does the Ferrari's but less so. This is deemed legal by the rules so Mclaren should shut up and develop their own.
There was also a comment about the Red Bulls having a flexible undertray. This would enable the car's ride height to change depending on fuel load and would give the Red Bulls a low fuel advantage, which they have so maybe true.

Spa is a whole month away. And the teams have an enforced 2 week break.
Posted August 05, 2010, 11:05:37 AM
Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:14:39 AM by Snowcrash
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Also found this comment from Schumy...

After reviewing the incident, 41-year-old Schumacher said: "I have got to say that the stewards are right with their judgment: the manoeuvre against [Barrichello] was too severe."

Lets hope Schumy gets fairer in his driving.
Posted August 05, 2010, 11:11:19 AM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full credit to Barrichello, I thought he did a great job, didn’t get intimidated by MS and found a gap between the wall and Schumy’s car, there’s life in the old boy yet.     

Shame Lewis is no longer leading the championship but I’m also happy for Webber, the guy deserves a brake, rather he won it this year than Vettel, Vettel will have more chances in later years.

Mclaren have 2 of the 4 weeks break to design a new, slightly flexi front wing, its not over yet  Cool
Posted August 05, 2010, 20:58:38 PM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 192
161 Guests, 3 Users
Data, DaveMorton, Urania

fast-registration