Lewis Hamilton - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2018, 20:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

Pages: [1]

Lewis Hamilton

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 5820

Offline DD1975 Topic starter
England Posts: 1614

So latest reports for "Silly season"........Hamilton to Mercedes for 2013  Huh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930
Posted September 05, 2012, 19:56:30 PM Logged
Smoke me a Kipper I'll be back for breakfast - Ace Rimmer

Offline Data
United Kingdom Administrator

Silly season indeed.

I don’t believe it, why would Lewis move from a team that has the fastest car right now to a team that is struggling in the mid field, it just doesn’t add up.

Or is it just for more money maybe.

We will see if Eddie Jordan was right later in the year, personally I’m not convinced.
Posted September 06, 2012, 12:00:15 PM Logged

Offline GT40
France WWW Posts: 554

Yes very surprising. Mercedes was ready to stop F1. Maybe they hope Hamilton can do some miracles with their car (why not).

At least he knows the engine and the story will be very interesting. Cool

Posted September 06, 2012, 15:03:55 PM Logged

Offline DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

Silly season indeed.

I don’t believe it, why would Lewis move from a team that has the fastest car right now to a team that is struggling in the mid field, it just doesn’t add up.

Or is it just for more money maybe.

We will see if Eddie Jordan was right later in the year, personally I’m not convinced.

It may just be that he's looking at the move as a challenge, too. Lord knows I've done seemingly dumb things just to test myself. Of course, I've done blatantly stupid things for absolutely no reason at all, to, so perhaps it's best not to judge things by my actions. Tongue
Posted September 07, 2012, 02:17:28 AM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us

Offline Diesel
England Posts: 1052

Well here you go chaps, found this earlier today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19755236

Go figure.  scratch-head
Posted September 28, 2012, 09:40:07 AM Logged
It WILL be fine !...

Offline Data

So it has happened and Eddie Jordan was right, trying desperately to think of a positive. scratch-head

erererere …  OK the Brits will have drivers in two teams, if one of the cars is not so good (maybe the Mercedes) then we will still have McLaren.

A brave choice Lewis, but was it the right one, will you have a car that can realistically fight for the championship in 2013 and beyond.
Posted September 28, 2012, 12:16:45 PM Logged

I actually think he has set his eyes on the 2014 chamiponship Data, with the new engine rules coming in and McLaren being no more than a customer team at that point I suspect Lewis believes that he can help the team progress enough to be real championship contenders under the new rules.

They do say that a change in engine rules benefits the Manafactuer teams the most

2 Brits Data? are you forgetting Paul Di Resta? at Force India, so 3 Brits in 3 teams.
Posted October 06, 2012, 09:16:12 AM Logged

Offline Data

You make a good point about the engines DD, I admit I hadn’t considered that.

I don’t think it was for money either as Martin Whitmarsh, boss of McLaren stated that they offered Lewis a massive amount of money to stay with the team, more than any driver has ever been offered or will be getting paid in 2013.   

How did I forget Paul Di Resta?

Oh yes I remember, he is a Scot, come 2014 when Scotland has their independence referendum and split up UK at the same time as taking all the oil and gas with them, he will no longer be a Brit.

So yeah I don’t really class Scots as Brits any more but you are right, he is a Brit for another year and a half.
Posted October 06, 2012, 11:44:13 AM Logged

Honestly I don't expect Scotland to vote for independence, maybe more devolved powers but I suspect we overestimate the resolve of the Scots to take independence.

I rather suspect that McLaren could suffer when the new engine rules come into effect, they will still be a preferential customer for Mercedes but still a customer whereas the works team will get the overall benefits of the engine and chassis development time.
Posted October 06, 2012, 12:04:04 PM
Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:29:26 PM by DaveMorton
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 184
163 Guests, 2 Users
Freddy, Urania

fast-registration