The Abu Dhabi GP of 2010 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2018, 05:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe Abu Dhabi GP of 2010

Pages: [1]

The Abu Dhabi GP of 2010

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 3359

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

A happy and sad time in some ways, we have reached the end of the 2010 F1 season, for me one of the most exciting seasons so far but possibly tainted by the “Alonso is faster than you” incident.

As we go into the last race; one of my early thoughts that Ferrari might win with Alonso by the points handed to him from Massa, could actually come true, if Alonso does win this year many will view the win as tainted.

But trying to move on Grin

The RedBull’s again looks quick in practice 1, with Vettel setting the fastest time, but Hamilton did get the second fastest, cant read too much into it other than not much has changed.

I recently looked at the points and I see that Lewis Hamilton can still win this; it’s a long shot though.

Alonso’s engine blows up, Vettel and Webber have to race for the title, they take each other off, Hamilton takes the win and the title.  Cool

If Hamilton doesn’t win then for me it has to be Webber this year, he’s been pretty solid and quick and this might be his last chance at the title.

Good luck Webber, Go Go Hamilton.
Posted November 12, 2010, 12:36:53 PM Logged

Offline Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

Yahoo had this breakdown of how the four drivers could win :

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12112010/58/formula-title-permutations.html
Posted November 12, 2010, 13:19:27 PM Logged

Offline GT40
France WWW Posts: 554

The worst scenario: a big crash at the first corner, involving the four guys.

Of course, it can't happen.  Shocked

Posted November 12, 2010, 16:26:38 PM Logged

If that happens GT, Alonso will be champion, now I see where you are coming from  Cheesy

What happened to Webber in qualifying, did he crumble under the pressure?

Vettel gets pole, giving him 10 poles in one season, impressive, and Hamilton gets second, they have both looked like the cars to beat so far this weekend.

Looking forward to the race, and what a final race F1 has given us this year.
Posted November 13, 2010, 15:01:27 PM Logged

Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel, F1 2010 world champion and if I’m honest a well deserved title, to me he’s been the fastest driver over all this year.

Alonso might have been a victim of a bad decision to pit too early but saying that he never really had the pace all weekend did he?  And as for giving Petrov the shaking fist at the end of the race, not nice, Im soooooo glad he didn’t win.

I thought the drivers on the podium were very fitting, Vettel, Hamilton and Button, the 3 most recent world champions.

A good race and an excellent season comes to a close, 5 world champions on the grid next year, only 115 days to go  Cool
Posted November 14, 2010, 17:08:02 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

A good race. Had me on the edge of my seat trying to work out the permutations.

Well done Vettel. Youngest ever world champ. Will the next 2 hopefuls make it to world champ (Webber & Massa with the fastest cars) or even Rosberg?

Here's hoping 2011 season will be even better with a McLaren out front but not too far.

Data, I will setup new season and post it to you soon for the countdown.
Posted November 15, 2010, 09:27:56 AM
Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:03:10 AM by Snowcrash
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline GT40
France WWW Posts: 554

I agree with you both. I'm happy for Vettel. Fantastic driver. Simply the best.

And yes, stupid and ridiculous GP for Ferrari / Alonso.  Grin

Posted November 15, 2010, 10:47:07 AM Logged

<iframe width="554" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bNRiQfFZwck?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted November 15, 2010, 11:46:07 AM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 164
146 Guests, 2 Users
DaveMorton, DataBot