The American GP of 2014 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 18:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe American GP of 2014

Pages: [1]

The American GP of 2014

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 3689

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Looking forward to this one, it's an excellent track for overtaking and is sure to deliver plenty of excitement.

Hamilton and Rosberg dominate free practice, no surprise there but Hamilton came out on top with a massive 0.003 second lead.  Grin

Go get em Lewis  driving
Posted November 01, 2014, 12:47:48 PM Logged

Well done Lewis, your 10th win of the season and now the most wins of any British driver ever with 32, can't be bad.  worship

Just two more races to go ..

Quote from Lewis:

"What an incredible place this is to go racing. We have such great support here and I have to say a massive thanks to the fans who have been awesome all weekend. I'm really grateful to have had the opportunity to be out front here. It's a very special feeling to have such an amazing car, an amazing team and to be on this incredible run. It's been an unbelievable job from the team all year so a big thanks to everyone here at the track and at the factories back home. We managed to correct the problems from qualifying today which was great and I pushed as hard as I could.

"For the overtake, I just stayed as close as possible to Nico and waited for the moment to be just close enough to throw it up the inside. This is a good circuit to be able to follow another car but it's still not easy. You have to judge the risk in these situations but I felt confident I could pull it off. Once I got past Nico, it was just about controlling the race. I'm very, very proud to now hold the record for the most Formula One wins for a British driver. I have to say, though, it's all thanks to the team and the car we have this year that I've been able to reach that landmark so quickly. Ten wins in a season is just... well, wow!"
Posted November 03, 2014, 11:20:39 AM
Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:16:46 PM by Data

Offline Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

Well done sir, well done  Cool
Posted November 03, 2014, 14:04:06 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

I managed to sleep through most of the race  Cry

Been doing some math(s). If Nico wins the next 2 and Lewis comes 2nd, Lewis still wins by 3 points.
Posted November 03, 2014, 17:46:21 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Been doing some math(s). If Nico wins the next 2 and Lewis comes 2nd, Lewis still wins by 3 points.

That's good to know.

There is no doubt in my mind who has been the best driver this year.
Posted November 03, 2014, 21:12:17 PM Logged

Offline DD1975
England Posts: 1576

To be fair the championship doesn't always go to the best driver in any given year, quite often it goes to the most consistent driver.

I'll be honest I personally don't read too much into this "most number of X" type of list, I would be more interested to see how many wins in how many races, I suspect that Jim Clark would lead the list on that basis, Lewis is benefited by there being 18 or so races a year, back in that days of Stewart & Clark there were a lot less championship races in a year.
Posted November 04, 2014, 08:35:49 AM Logged
Smoke me a Kipper I'll be back for breakfast - Ace Rimmer

I take your point about consistency, 10 race wins out of 17 (so far this year) seems pretty consistent and when you consider Hamilton was also let down by his car on a few occasions this year too.

Lets not forget Hamilton still has years ahead of him, ok maybe you don't rank him up there with Stewart & Clark ( I do)  but give it time. Hamilton 'can win six championships'

Hamilton is an extremely fit athlete I'm not sure the same can be said for the drivers of the old days with their fags booze and women, no wonder there were less races  lol

So to me a race win is a race win, a hard fight from start to finish, it doesn't matter how many seasons the wins took they are all wins.   
Posted November 04, 2014, 11:02:30 AM Logged
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 148
141 Guests, 2 Users
sybershot, Urania