The Australian GP of 2011 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 23:13:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe Australian GP of 2011

Pages: [1]

The Australian GP of 2011

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 1993

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Finally the first race of 2011 is upon us.

But the best news today, for me, has to be the McLaren, they have been something like 1 second off the pace from Ferrari and RedBull in preseason practice, but it looks like they have pulled a rabbit out the hat just in time for Australia, by setting the 2 fastest laps in practice 2 at Albert Park.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9435589.stm

So it looks like its going to be a close thing at the front of the field, but is the McLaren too fragile? Time will tell.

Go go Jenson go go go Lewis.  driving
Posted March 25, 2011, 11:57:51 AM Logged

Offline GT40
France WWW Posts: 554

And daylight saving time in Europe. Hard Sunday...  Roll Eyes

Posted March 25, 2011, 12:44:42 PM Logged

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Yeah, a hard Sunday GT, I ended up watching the replay in the afternoon.

As it turned out the McLaren was a little fragile then, but didn’t really stop Lewis getting a well deserved 2nd, Vettel was in a league of his own in a RedBull that seems to suit his driving style and on top of that his KERS didn’t work, he could have gone even quicker. Why do I think this years RedBull was tailored for Vettel scratch-head

Petrov getting 3rd, impressive.

Massa has already shown us that he is number two driver this year when he pulled over for his team mate.

McLaren need to find something like 0.5 of a second from the car if Lewis or Jenson are going to compete for a win.

That’s how I see it, I think lots of other things went on in the race too but not much of importance  lol

The race highlights:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9437661.stm
Posted March 28, 2011, 15:42:24 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Both Saubers finished in the points which would've been good if they had not then been disqualified for an illegal rear wing.
That helped the drivers that finished behind them including the new Brit, Paul di Resta, who got a 1 point, 10th place in his first GP. I would comment on the not very English sounding last name but I can't talk.

Good race. Not only is the RedBull designed around Vettel, Vettel also gets about double the wages of Webber. He is defending world champion and v.f quick.
Posted March 28, 2011, 17:31:24 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 172
151 Guests, 1 User
DataBot

fast-registration