The Belgium GP of 2010 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 16:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe Belgium GP of 2010

Pages: [1]

The Belgium GP of 2010

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 2706

Online Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

So after a 4-week break F1 is back at Spa, Belgium, the longest and best track in F1.
Why is it the best track?

We like to see overtaking don’t we, this track offers plenty of opportunities for overtaking with its long straights and fast flowing corners, so Spa is a track for top end speed too, is this one going to suit the Mclaren with its awesome straight line speed? Or is the RedBull going to dominate yet another race?

Been watching free practice 1 and 2, FP 1 was wet FP 2 had a drying track, cant read too much from the times set.

Qualifying isn’t as important at Spa but Im looking forward to it all the same.
Posted August 27, 2010, 13:36:24 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

I've been playing Grid and it has Spa. I love eau rouge. Flat out and it you get it wrong you've spun or hit the barriers. It's where I make time against computer drivers or start again when I get it wrong. And that's just a game. I can only imagine the adrenalin rush of doing it for real.
Posted August 27, 2010, 22:29:14 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Just watched FP3. Green track getting rubbered in but with rain at the end it'll be green again for qualifing.
Webber fastest with Hamilton 1/10 behind. Vettel and Button only 1/1000 sec difference.

Mclarrens have a cool camera shot looking back at the under tray. In the wet you can see the air vorticies curving round the underside. Red Bull moved their camera so as to not show the underside, hmmm! Obviously being secretive about their aero package but is it a flexible under tray?

Less than 2 hours to Quali
Posted August 28, 2010, 11:12:29 AM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

So Webber beats Hamilton to pole, in a changing weather condition session.

Qualifying Results:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/836/6776/

Some how I think Hamilton will overtake Webber in a lap or two, get in the slip-stream and F-Duct him  Smiley

Alonso down in 10th, what happened to their number one driver, beaten by the number 2, that wasn’t supposed to happen.

Its all set for a brilliant race.
Posted August 28, 2010, 14:53:01 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Wow, what a race. Full of thrills and spills.
Rubins had a poor 300th race, he ran into the back of Alonso at the first signs of damp.
Vettel is fast becoming my 2nd least favorite driver behind Alonso. Vettel was in 3rd behind Button with Button struggling with a damaged front wing. All Vettel had to do was keep his head and he'd've most likely overtaken Button in the pits. But no, he managed to punt Button off. Vettel got a drive through penalty and it ruined his race too but annoying none the less.
A very good win for Hamilton with a very good 2nd for Webber (after a very bad start). These 2 were the only ones of the top 5 in the points. Still wide open at the top with 6 races to go (150 points)
Posted August 29, 2010, 16:42:28 PM Logged

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You beat me to it Snowcrash, well Ive typed it now so im going to post it … Smiley

Lewis Hamilton wins at Spa after a bad start from Webber, Lewis dominated the race from the start in changing weather conditions and indeed Mclaren seemed to have the fastest car of the day.

Things didn’t go to well for Jenson Button after being taken off by yet another controversial overtake attempt from Vettel, if that hadn’t have happened there was a good chance of a Mclaren one – two. 

Webber gets second, with a solid drive.

Robert Kubica has a good day and gets third, with an improved Renault.

Lewis Hamilton leads the champions  Cool

Excellent Race, over all, but Vettel has to grow up, his overtaking attempts are over aggressive and dangerous, yes he’s fast but still has to learn how to race.

Is this the turning point of the season when we see the title race turn into a two horse battle?

Monza next, we can expect a strong performance from the Mclaren.

Oh and I had a close look at the Redbull front wing from the onboard camera, I couldn’t see it flex, regardless of what they say, it’s a new front wing.

I fully agree with you Snowy, Alonso and Vettel and my least favourite drivers too.

This forum needs a member to join and do some batting for them.   
Posted August 29, 2010, 17:00:30 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

I was watching the Red Bull's front wing from an in car shot looking forwards (Webber I think) and you can still see it flexing under load. Hamilton commented in the F1 forum on channel 301 that he thought it was different. I'm not sure. There is definitely a tougher test now (the FIA have doubled the load on testing). We'll have to see what the Red Bulls can do on the higher downforce tracks.
Posted August 29, 2010, 17:08:24 PM Logged

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don’t think its flexing like it used to, the track has very fast straits but if it was flexing, it didn’t do it as much as I’ve seen it do it on slower tracks.

Maybe flexing but less.

Like you say though, a high downforce track will tell.
Posted August 29, 2010, 17:27:22 PM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 172
127 Guests, 3 Users
Data, Freddy, DataBot