The British GP of 2011 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2018, 11:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe British GP of 2011

Pages: [1]

The British GP of 2011

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 3316

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Formula One comes home to England at Silverstone, the British weather might have a say, rain is predicted for practice and qualifying but it looks like it should be dry for the race.

With the new rule changes reducing the blown diffuser to a maximum of 10% off throttle are we going to see the RedBulls get beaten? I would like to say yes but somehow I don’t think its going to make that much of a change. All the top teams were doing the same thing, maybe the Redbull system was the best but even so I’m not expecting to see that much of a change at the top.

Lewis and Jenson will have the crowd behind them and that normally gives the drivers a little boost, I think the McLarens are going to need all the help they can get. If anyone can beat Vettel it’s got to be a McLaren, they have done it twice this year already.

McLaren also have some up-dates to the car for Silverstone so there is hope.

Looking forward to this one muchly  Grin

Go go Jenson go go Lewis.  driving driving
Posted July 08, 2011, 13:13:23 PM
Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 17:37:08 PM by Snowcrash

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Vettel is slow in friday practice. We can but hope.

Have edited your post due to spelling mistake. Got rid of the crow-ed  Grin

May the best driver win or at least a brit  Shocked
Posted July 08, 2011, 17:36:47 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline GT40
France WWW Posts: 554

Ah yes, Alonso-Ferrari!

Finally a good grand prix...  Grin

Posted July 10, 2011, 15:01:39 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

You prefer Spanish/Italian over German/Swis (with Brit)?

A fairly good GP. I feel it was a little overshadowed by the rules fiasco going on. Ferrari were fastest and win with a car least affected by the rule change. Hmmmm! Good to see Vettel not win but again with the 2nd. That's 3 2nd and 6 1st out of 9. Webber a very close 3rd.
Button out with an unfortunate pit stop. Hamilton only managed 4th but very close at the end with Massa.

Rumor has it that the blown diffusers will be back next race until the end of the season. No decision as yet.
Posted July 10, 2011, 16:42:54 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I enjoyed the race, plenty of overtaking and some excellent driving but I’m not going to read too much into the results, the last minute rule changes threw a spanner in the works of the well oiled top teams, not including Ferrari who didn’t really need to change much on the car.   

Maybe im being cynical but why do I feel the rule change made just before qualifying, not the rule change I mentioned earlier, has something to do with Jean Todd, Mr FIA president, ex Ferrari boss. Need I say more  Wink

Alonso did drive well but again he was handed the win, this time by a bad pit stop made by RedBull.

Loved the new Silverstone track layout, it delivered.

Bring back the sanity to F1 and stop making rules changes all over the place, unless it’s on safety grounds. 

Hoping for some fairer races for the rest of the season.
Posted July 10, 2011, 17:19:50 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Rumor has it that the blown diffusers will be back next race until the end of the season. No decision as yet.

It appears the FIA have reverted to the Valencia rules for the rest of the season and allowed blown exhausts back. I'm sure they'll be banned for next season.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorsport/fia-ends-f1-technical-farce-20110715-1hgn3.html
Posted July 15, 2011, 12:03:22 PM Logged

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That’s better, common sense prevailed (Don’t change the rules mid season unless its for safety reasons). Now we will see how fast the Ferrari really is.   
Posted July 15, 2011, 12:10:52 PM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 196
165 Guests, 1 User
Urania

fast-registration