The German GP of 2011 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 04:00:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe German GP of 2011

Pages: [1]

The German GP of 2011

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 3947

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Well into the mid season now and common sense prevails as we return to pre messed around with rules in F1.

Now we can find out just how far Ferrari have come with the development of their car compared to others and on a level playing filed.

Some of the teams have up-dates to their cars for this race, Ferrari and Mclaren do, not sure about RedBull.

Alonso pretty well dominated practice one, don’t read too much into that but then again you don’t dominate with a bad car so to my mind they must have improved with overall pace.

Its Vettel’s home GP so expect to see him right up the front of the pack again, I know, no surprise there.   

Free practice two is about to happen, hoping someone else can dominate this one.
Posted July 22, 2011, 12:38:31 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Webber was fastest in free practice today and Alonso (2nd) says Ferrari's performance is due to car development on their car not the other teams getting slower. Vettel 3rd

Both Alonso's words and list of FP 1 & 2 times here.

McLarens don't seem to be too good at the mo. Hamilton 7th and Button 11th.  Sad
Though it could be just extra fuel, I hope it is anyway.
Posted July 22, 2011, 17:47:14 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Qualifying didn’t go quite as expected and in a good way too.  Webber on pole with Hamilton in second, then a slightly off the pace Vettel in third. So what happened to Ferrari? Well to be fair they got forth and fifth, so still in the mix.

Hamilton’s qualifying lap was something special and you get the feeling he managed to out perform the car somewhat, his team mate Button only managed sixth.

I’m thinking the track layout doesn’t really favour overtaking even with the KERS and DRS so a good qualifying could play a larger role then in other races we have seen this year.     

There is the possibility of rain for the race so that could shake things up a little.

Hamilton for the win  Cool
Posted July 23, 2011, 15:35:54 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Hamilton gets the win with a great overtake of Alonso (2nd) near the end of the race. Webber comes in 3rd and Vettel 4th overtaking Massa in the pits on the last lap. Couldn't overtake on the track.

Button out with hydraulic problems, was looking ok on a 2 stop strategy.

Overall looking good for the 2nd half of the season. The top 3 teams evenly matched now. Vettel still favorite for the championship and 77 points in front.

Results here.

Very good race.
Posted July 24, 2011, 15:56:38 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

I have heard unoffical rumor that there may be no German GP next year.

Seems a bit weird to me seeing as there are 6 German drivers in the championship.

The Wiki of the 2012 season has 21 races but one will be dropped.
Posted July 24, 2011, 16:29:08 PM Logged

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lewis's pass on Alonso was most satisfying  Cheesy I didn’t see Lewis put a foot wrong during the entire race, on top of his game, way to go.  

It looks like Mclaren are back, at least on a low downforce track.

Ferrari seem to have some real pace too, we have a 3 team ending to the season, excellent.

Hungary should be interesting.
Posted July 24, 2011, 16:49:13 PM
Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 16:54:37 PM by Snowcrash
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 162
153 Guests, 1 User
Urania