The Malaysian GP 2013 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2017, 11:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe Malaysian GP 2013

Pages: [1]

The Malaysian GP 2013

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 2826

Offline Snowcrash Topic starter
England Global Moderator

Good race with lots of wheel to wheel action to keep you on the front of your seat.

Weirdly, all the podium drivers were not happy with where they were. Vettel got first by disobeying team orders and demoting Webber into second. Webber was very unhappy with that. Vettel said sorry.
Hamilton got third but was under fuelled and had to back off near the end. Rosberg was unhappy to stay behind Hamilton due to feeling he was faster but obeyed his team orders, after a little to-ing and fro-ing.
A poor old Alonso was out in the first lap due to a broken front wing, he decided to stay out, rather than pit and it failed on the main straight taking him out.
All in all a good race but the drivers a little sour at the end. Results.

I did like the BBC's choice of track at the end!
Posted March 24, 2013, 17:19:09 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Data
United Kingdom Administrator

Was a good race, I enjoyed it.

Mclaren still need to up their game, the car seems better than it was in Australia but still a way to go yet.

After the last race I thought RedBull might not be so dominant this year, but I was wrong, at the end of the race RB were totally dominant.

Good to see Hamilton on the podium, but it probably should have been Rosberg.

Am I the only one who thinks Vettel should have overtaken Webber, come the end of the season RB might look back at it and think it was a smart move by Vettel after all.   

I've never liked team orders but understand why they are there. 
Posted March 24, 2013, 19:20:23 PM Logged

Offline DD1975
England Posts: 1572
Posted March 24, 2013, 20:06:38 PM Logged
Smoke me a Kipper I'll be back for breakfast - Ace Rimmer

Offline DD1975

Am I the only one who thinks Vettel should have overtaken Webber, come the end of the season RB might look back at it and think it was a smart move by Vettel after all.   

It would appear that you are in a minority on this one Data, in fact some feel very strongly indeed about this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21922429

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21917899

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12475/8594530/The-Sky-Sports-F1-pundits-spy-a-huge-problem-at-Red-Bull-after-Malaysian-GP-row
Posted March 25, 2013, 17:48:56 PM Logged

Online Data

Yeah, Like I said, I've never liked team orders, Vettel was faster than Webber, I want to see the fastest car/driver combination win and not some pre defined, engineered by the team result.

Team orders might be good for the team but not good for the spectators.
Posted March 25, 2013, 18:36:10 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash Topic starter
England Global Moderator

I'm with you Data, I liked watching the wheel to wheel action and sod the team orders. I feel they're there for the end of the season when only one driver can win.
This is not new, in general, and for the Red Bull team. There has been many comments from Webber over the years. One that springs to mind is 'not bad for a number 2 driver'.
As for a one race ban for Vettel. No way will Red Bull shoot themselves in the foot that way and rightly so. That is for the FIA only and then only for dangerous driving or infringement of the rules.
No matter what Vettel says, his actions have asserted his dominance within the team. Webber will hate it, who wouldn't? When it comes down to Webber playing fair in later races, I'm sure he'll think twice.
Roll on the show, let the race to the championship continue.
Posted March 25, 2013, 21:18:24 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline DD1975

Personally I'm with Watson there should only be one dominant force in a team and that is the team principle, any other employee in any other line of work would be sacked for ingoring his bosses orders o blatantly.

Horner also publicly rebuked Vettel, the first time this has happened which shows I think how miffed he was.

Team orders are a nonsense, however while you have two drivers in a team you will always get them simple as that. At this stage in the season with the tyres degredation being such an unknown quantity it makes sense for the team to consolodate its 1-2 postions, and it was only a race because one backed off in the belief that he wasn't going to be challended for position.
Posted March 26, 2013, 18:20:50 PM Logged

Online Data

Hehe, we will have to agree to disagree.

This is what I like though, some quality debate. 

When I think back over the years of F1 the best drivers are the ruthless ones who would do whatever it takes to win the championship, to my mind Vettel is doing just that.

I can't help but think there is a lot of anti Vettel talk to try to stop him winning another season, but it probably wont work, he is still looking super fast and of course ruthless.

May the fastest Car / Driver combination win in 2013 and sod the Team Orders.
Posted March 27, 2013, 12:13:48 PM Logged
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 171
149 Guests, 2 Users
Data, Urania