The Malaysian GP of 2012 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2018, 11:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe Malaysian GP of 2012

Pages: [1]

The Malaysian GP of 2012

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 2814

Offline Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Love the track here and it’s going to give us a better idea of where the cars stand performance wise due to its fast corners.

Lewis Hamilton is fastest in both practice sessions  Cheesy

Vettel complained over the team radio that his car was "undriveable" in the afternoon, when he was 10th fastest and team-mate Mark Webber seventh.
Posted March 23, 2012, 12:32:30 PM Logged

Offline DD1975
England Posts: 1614

I'm happy with that, we will get a better understanding in Qualifying though.
Posted March 23, 2012, 20:38:23 PM Logged
Smoke me a Kipper I'll be back for breakfast - Ace Rimmer

Offline DD1975

Gary Anderson
 BBC F1 technical analyst "The McLaren tyres look pretty good - the Mercedes tyres are a bit more suspect. Ferrari had bad pick-up problems on the tyres in the morning, but watching Alonso come back in after his long run in the afternoon, they were the best I've seen. Maybe we are seeing a bit of a revival from Ferrari.

"Webber came in after a fairly long run and the inside shoulder of the rear tyres looked fairly tatty. Red Bull have changed the front and rear torsion bars and the rear ride-height on his car. That's more than I've seen Red Bull change their car mechanically than over the last two years."
Posted March 23, 2012, 20:42:22 PM Logged

Offline DD1975

Mclaren lock out 2nd race running then!!!!
Posted March 24, 2012, 14:21:07 PM Logged

Yeah I think it's safe to say the McLaren is the car to beat right now, looking rally good for the 2012 season.

I think the race will come down to tyre management and I noticed Hamilton has a small flat spot on his front left, where Buttons tyres look better.

Could this be a second win for Button?

Can’t wait for the race, but will have to.

Go go McLaren and take the win  flag
Posted March 24, 2012, 14:50:02 PM Logged

Offline DD1975

Button is much less demanding of his tyres than Hamilton so I would think it depnds on the starts as much as anything.

Lets not forget that Schumi is a very good starter and if either of the Mclarens doesn't get away well they could find themselves in a poor position come the first corner!!!!

Here's hoping that the Mclarens get off o a flyer and take a nice easy 1-2  driving
Posted March 24, 2012, 15:12:45 PM Logged

Lets have another look at Hamiltons poll lap, I hope that lock up near the end of the lap hasn’t damaged the tyre too much, you get the feeling he will be pitting before Button.   

Posted March 24, 2012, 15:47:57 PM Logged

Offline GT40
France WWW Posts: 554

Great video. As always, it seems so easy.  Smiley

Posted March 25, 2012, 14:47:28 PM Logged

Thanks GT, I bet you loved the race  Smiley

In the end we had a wet one that had to be stopped for 45 mins and in the lottery that is wet racing Alonso won.

And unbelievably he is now top of the drivers championship.

Love him or hate him you got to respect Alonsos ability to pull something out the bag and make the most out of the car in all kinds of circumstances, unlike his team mate.

Talking of Massa, there is quite a lot of talk going around that he will be replaced by Sergio Perez at something like mid season, sounds like a smart move to me, what with Perez snatching 2nd in the race, I guess time will tell. 

This race has also reminded me to never underestimate Ferrari.
Posted March 26, 2012, 11:44:18 AM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 196
166 Guests, 1 User
Urania

fast-registration