The Monaco GP of 2011 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 15:50:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe Monaco GP of 2011

Pages: [1]

The Monaco GP of 2011

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 3628

Offline Snowcrash Topic starter
England Global Moderator

Alonso is fastest in free practice with Hamilton 2nd.

Listings here.

Looking forward to qualifing.
Posted May 26, 2011, 22:08:42 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Data
United Kingdom Administrator

I’m not a big fan of the track, mainly because it’s so hard to overtake there, on the other hand it’s a track where drivers can make a difference, which can level the playing field a little.

Lewis Hamilton said in an interview that he thinks he does have a chance of winning, which is more than he’s said at recent races.

Normally pole position is so important at Monaco, but will it be so this year with the new tyres? Its going to be an interesting race, possibly one of the best we have seen a Monaco in recent years.

Hamilton for pole driving
Posted May 26, 2011, 23:30:27 PM Logged

Online Data

Sergio Perez had a nasty crash in qualifying 3, which pretty well prevented Lewis Hamilton setting a fast lap, so now we have Vettel on pole again, yawn.

All the best to Perez from us lot here.

When will the FIA wake up and realise the Monaco Grand Prix should be banned, not only is it almost impossible to overtake there but its way to dangerous too.

Yes the track has history but to my mind that’s where it should stay, it's not suited to a modern day F1 car capable of over 200mph.

What will it take Bernie?
Posted May 28, 2011, 15:19:35 PM Logged

England Global Moderator

Although I understand your points Data, I feel the fact it is so dangerous still gives it appeal. To me and the drivers at least.  Undecided
It is looking doubtful that Parez will race tomorrow but he was said to be concious and talking on leaving the circuit. Hope he's ok.
Hamilton had already compromised Q3 by going out late, then blocked on his 1st fast lap, then the accident. He was out of the car at the beginning of Q3, which is weird.  (pee break?)
Hamilton could have some good pit stops and Vettel could have a puncture. We can only hope something will give our lads a boost tomorrow.
Button is in a strong 2nd, splitting the Red Bulls and Alonso's starts are good.
Results here.
Posted May 28, 2011, 16:15:16 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Data

Ok, maybe I’m over reacting, saying that I’m still not a fan of the track.

Is it because I’m no good round the track in the game F1 2010.

Could be.  Grin
Posted May 29, 2011, 11:23:04 AM Logged

Online Data

I did enjoy the race, Button should have won it really but the safety car put a stop to his charge, with a track like Monaco there is such a high chance of the safety car that’s its better not to count the chickens until they hatch.

Now Ferrari have copied the back end of the RedBull they have found more pace, some are saying that they have overtaken Mclaren in raw pace but I don’t buy that.

To me Mclaren have very nearly caught up RedBull, maybe not in qualifying but in race pace there doesn’t seem to be much between them. Ferrari are close but if it wasn’t for the skill of Alonso you have to think that they still have a way to go.   

Lewis Hamilton wasn’t a happy chap after the race,  if you didn’t see the interview you can here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13588664.stm 

Is it cos im black? LOL, good one Lewis, I hadn’t noticed, to me you are an amazing F1 driver.   

Just a footnote, I’m very impressed with Kamui Kobayashi, he has got to be given a chance in one of the top teams.
Posted May 30, 2011, 10:51:30 AM Logged

England Global Moderator

Not much to add. I just feel like we were robbed a little of a wonderful finish. Button 3rd with the best tyres, Alonso 2nd with ok tyres and Vettel 1st with shot tyres.
The race had to stop 'cos of the accident but if the tyres were kept the same we would've still had the race to the end.

There is talk of changing the rules but no one really knew this rule. I've never seen red flag with cars on track. Apparently you can change tyres in that situation.

Unless Vettel gets a DNF or 2 this season, he's gonna romp away with the title.
Posted May 31, 2011, 20:03:57 PM Logged

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 178
55 Guests, 2 Users
Data, DataBot