The Spanish GP of 2011 - Posted In Formula One

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2018, 17:10:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
F1 Sites:    BBC F1    Formula1.com    Planet F1    F1 Fanatic     SKY-F1

DatahopaForumMotor SportFormula OneThe Spanish GP of 2011

Pages: [1]

The Spanish GP of 2011

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 1666

Online Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Not much time to do this weeks GP post.

Webber gets his first pole position of the year, but he had a working KERS system and his teammate didn’t. (No real surprise then)

Both RedBull and Mclaren bring car up dates, both up dates have improved the car but RedBull end up a second a lap quicker.

Ferrari brings a new rear wing to Spain but get it banned by the FIA.

The best Mclaren can realistically hope for is 3rd, unless RedBull have reliability problems.

Expect to see an extremely determined Alonso in front of his home crowd.

Can the drivers take advantage of the DRS on this twisty turny track?   
Posted May 22, 2011, 12:04:56 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Cool GP. Vettel and Hamilton racing to the line. Hamilton had the faster package but Vettel in front and stayed there. Well done to both drivers.

Button bogged down at the start but the 3 stop strategy paid off and he got 3rd.

Webber was right on Button's tail for the last stint but backed off near the end for 4th place. Good drive I thought but he was unhappy with the result.

Alonso had an amazing start. Balls of steel. Didn't lift at all and flew into the lead. Unfortunately, the Ferarri is not working well with the hard (prime) tyre and could only manage 5th. He was lapped by Vettel and Hamilton which I find mystifying seeing how competitive he was on the soft (option) tyre.

Monaco next week, with practice on the Thursday due to their bank holiday. Time to practice (above) is a day wrong due to this.
Posted May 22, 2011, 21:10:28 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

4 drivers repremanded for not backing off enough on a waved yellow. This only goes as a black mark to the drivers, no time or position penalties.

They were Hamilton, Button, Webber and Alguersuari.
Posted May 22, 2011, 21:16:44 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Data Topic starter
United Kingdom Administrator

Didn’t know about the reprimands, you had me there for a second, sensibly no penalties given.  

After the race, I’m now thinking Mclaren might be at a turning point, they have more race pace now and lets not forget the track should have really suited the RedBull, all the up-dates to the Mclaren seemed to have worked well.

Vettel needs stopping or slowing down a little and its only Mclaren who can do it.

So Its turning into a four horse race with Vettel or Hamilton as favourite, which is fitting, to my mind they are the best drivers on the grid.

DRS didn’t work well on the twisty turny Mickey Mouse track at Spain so Monaco will be the same in that respect.
Posted May 22, 2011, 21:30:47 PM Logged
Formula One
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Our Formula One Forum: News Headlines, Links & Discussion Section

Our F1 Page is an attempt to put as much useful information relating to Formula One as we can, all in one place, including blogs, F1 links & Videos. The forum is there for members to discuss Formula One and all its twists and turns.  driving

Some of our members have been following Formula One for 25 years and have a good understanding of the sport, and I know this, the more you think you know F1 the more you realise it can throw up something right out of the blue and surprise you, perhaps that’s why us F1 fans enjoy the sport so much.  

Now! It doesn’t matter if you are a particular team or driver supporter or simply an F1 fan, we want to hear your thoughts about Formula One or suggestions for F1 sites, blogs or content that we can link to. Joining us will help improve the site for your fellow Formula One fans and give you a warm glow inside. Grin    

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 192
163 Guests, 2 Users
Data, Urania

fast-registration