Six Nations 2013 - Posted In General Discussion

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:39:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery

Pages: [1] 2

Six Nations 2013

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 4136

Offline Diesel Topic starter
England Posts: 1052

The first week-end of the Six Nations is now residing in the history books and what a week-end it was.

I thought that England's overall peformance was pretty sound, support at the breakdown, disipline good, quick ball and a solid scrum all reflected in the final score and retaining the Silver ware to boot. Scotland worked hard for every point they made and, had they been playing against France or Wales, on the day, they would have easily won.

Ireland, typically, came out "all gun's blazing" and took their win with ease against Wales, whom, clearly, thought that the match started 60 minutes later than the actual kick-off.

Now to the second geatest win of the week-end, I was estatic watching Snowy's Gene Pool beating the Frog's. It wasn't that the French played badly, mind a few stupid school boy errors did creep in through out, Italy played the best Rugby I have ever seen them play, hat's off to them.  hats-off

So where does this leave Englnd now, we are top of the leader board currently with better F & A results, in my opinion we are looking good, early days yet, but, if the results so far are an indication, we only have to play hard for two other match's, Ireland and Italy. We shall see.  Cheesy

Posted February 04, 2013, 19:25:56 PM Logged
It WILL be fine !...

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

I agree with your synopsis there, Diesel.

I actually cheered out loud when Italy regained the lead in the 2nd half. They've been playing well the last few seasons but it looks like 6 strong teams from the outset this year. Good good.

The best statistic I heard was in the England/Scotland game. When Scotland last one at Twickers, all the England players currently playing were not even born.

If Wales had played like they did in the 2nd half for the whole match...

All in all, it bodes well for next week.
Posted February 04, 2013, 19:46:23 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well another week-end of of up's and down's, that's the Six Nations for you. Although I didn't get to watch  much of the Saturday games as I would have like, I did see the England Game.

England played in a really tough and very DIRTY match against the Irish. How that Stamping incidence didn't result in an instant Red Card and, hopefully, a twelve month ban is way beyond me, all right infront of the Ref as well. There was no attempt made at clearing the Ruck it was a blantant stamp. That Ref should be sent home to France and made to eat as much Bute laced Lasagne as can be forced down his throut. But, even amongst the Stamping and Punching, the England lads, for thier part, kept great composure and dicipline and carried on to a great historic win at Lansdowne Road, our first since 2003. Hat's off to you Boy's.

Not sure quite was has happened to the Scottish Lads, two great games in two weeks. Their performance has been somewhat lacking in past Six Nations, not so currently, pretty good flowing Rugby I thought. Snowy, where were your lot during this match though ?. That was not the Italian team that smashed the French last week, real pity that, let's just hope this was a one off poor showing and they will get thier act back together over the next couple of weeks.

I didn't think that Wales played very well this week at all, luckily for them they were playing against a dismal French side. On this showing, it is difficult to predict whom will be taking home the Wooden Spoon. That's about all I'm prepared to comment on this match.

For those who wish to, a link to the RFU site.

Posted February 11, 2013, 14:03:53 PM Logged
It WILL be fine !...

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

Snowy, where were your lot during this match though ?. That was not the Italian team that smashed the French last week, real pity that, let's just hope this was a one off poor showing and they will get thier act back together over the next couple of weeks.

I just like to put on record that I support England first.

As for Italy's lack lustre performance, I think the win against France has gone to their heads or maybe a little too much celebrations?

France were still not playing good. Very unlike them.
Posted February 11, 2013, 19:04:28 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline DD1975
England Posts: 1576

I didn't think that Wales played very well this week at all, luckily for them they were playing against a dismal French side. On this showing, it is difficult to predict whom will be taking home the Wooden Spoon. That's about all I'm prepared to comment on this match.

I'm glad you didn't comment too much on the dross that Wales and France served up, I would rather watch Romainia V Georgia than that, at least we might witness some rugby being played!!!!
Posted February 12, 2013, 17:26:26 PM Logged
Smoke me a Kipper I'll be back for breakfast - Ace Rimmer

Quite right DD, at least they would be playing with their Heart and Souls.  thumbsup
Posted February 12, 2013, 17:30:26 PM Logged
It WILL be fine !...

Offline DD1975

I would have been asking for my money back if I'd forked out on a ticket to watch that.
Posted February 12, 2013, 19:00:35 PM Logged

Well another week-end is done. Some good results as well.

Our England Boys did OK, definitely a game of two halves. I thought the first half showed signs of our weakening with poor support at the break down and we only really started to produce game winning play in the second half. The French though, produced far superior play than they have so far in the Tournament and looked set to take the match. Not a pretty match, but, a Win is a Win.

Scotland, well what can you say, this has to be the best Team they have turned out since, well damned if I know. They took on what has to be the hardest playing team in the RBS this year and beat them producing some well timed, fast flowing Rugby. Good result Scotland.

Wales got the win they needed, but the final score line really doesn't reflect well on Wales given the poor showing again by Italy. Enough said again.

Division Table here.

Posted February 25, 2013, 17:01:05 PM Logged
It WILL be fine !...

Offline DD1975

A great response from England against a much better France, great teams know how to win even when not playing well and this team are showing the makings of being such a team. A couple things to be tweaked form the coach 1) never, ever, ever play Courtney Lawes as a flanker again!! 2) There were some worrying signs of petulance at times, especially from young Mr Farrell I hope that gets stopped quick sharp. 3) The scrum was immensly better when Hartley and Marler were taken off for youngs and the fijian guy whose name I cant remember!!

Ireland I think are now showing the signs of the passing of a great generation of players, how do you have 80% possession and not win!! It appears that those comoing through are not up to the same standards of BOD, Darcy and one or two others at the tail end of their careers.

Wales, lets hope they get VERY over confident for the final weekend  Cheesy

A good weekend of Rugby, roll on Italy at Twickers
Posted February 25, 2013, 17:44:04 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

I have very little to add.
England Vs France was the best game I thought. France were hustling very well in the ruck for the first half. We have more depth to our team it would appear.

How's Farrel's injury?
Posted February 25, 2013, 19:34:39 PM Logged

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It would appear that Owen Farrel's injury is not as bad as thought and should be fit for the next round.

I think he should think himself lucky not to be cited and bear in mind that the Lion's selectors are watching very closely currently.
Posted February 26, 2013, 08:44:56 AM Logged
It WILL be fine !...

Offline DD1975

I suspect the citing commissioner looked at the video of the elbow in the face, took into account Morgan Parra's footballers reaction and thought "get up you poof" like most of the rest of us and let it go  lol
Posted February 26, 2013, 17:40:50 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

French diving b'stard.  Shocked
Posted February 26, 2013, 17:58:04 PM Logged

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline DD1975

It was pathetic, my first reaction was to suggest he was playing the wrong code of football (although in ever so slightly less polite terms!!).

I also have to say Chris Ashton must be walking a very fine line with the coaches with his ball throwing antics as well
Posted February 26, 2013, 18:15:05 PM Logged

Offline Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

I have been watching this too, enjoyed the England game and how much better Scotland are playing than I have seen before.

I hope they don't all start diving, we have enough girl's blouses in football thank you very much.  no-no
Posted February 26, 2013, 18:30:42 PM Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 135
122 Guests, 2 Users
Data, Urania