Science review of 2018 New Technology, Science e...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 07:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery

Pages: [1]

Science review of 2018

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 14007

Offline DD1975 Topic starter
England Posts: 1598
Posted January 01, 2018, 14:32:11 PM Logged
Smoke me a Kipper I'll be back for breakfast - Ace Rimmer

Offline Carl2
United States Posts: 1052

I've heard the US has a company that is planning on doing mining on the moon. they have all the needed permissions.  I guess they have to find something worth while on the moon. It's a private company and they don't provide any information.
Carl2
Posted January 14, 2018, 00:51:46 AM Logged

Online DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

Planetary Resources had a Kickstarter campaign that I donated $100USD to a few years back so that they could create and launch some spacecraft to survey asteroids for water and other valuable materials in the future, and I've been following them rather closely. Sadly, one of their early prototype craft were lost in that rocket explosion back in 2014, but they were able to get a later generation version, the Arkyd 6, scheduled for a launch on the Space Research Organization’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) on February 15th, roughly a month away. I'm really looking forward to seeing how things go with this, because it marks (for me, at least) the first real step toward the diaspora of Man into the stars since Apollo. We really can't see large scale colonization of either the Moon, or Mars, or anywhere else for that matter, until we have a MUCH larger Human presence in space, and that can't happen until we have a way to find cheaper sources of spacecraft construction materials and fuel components than lifting them from our planet's gravity well. Exciting times, Mates! and we're here to witness the very beginning!
Posted January 14, 2018, 05:59:32 AM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us
New Technology, Science etc ...
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 45
39 Guests, 2 Users
DaveMorton, Urania

fast-registration