Intel Coffee Lake PC Hardware

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2018, 02:22:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Intel Coffee Lake

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 140734

Offline DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

I'd never heard of  that before.

Yeah, it's been that way since the old AGP days. And with good reason, too. Video cards are resource pigs. Cheesy
Posted May 13, 2018, 14:30:41 PM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us

Offline Carl2 Topic starter
United States Posts: 1093

I removed a little metal to get the radiator in place,  maybe a bit to much tubing to squeeze in.  Last resort is to cut he tubing to size and put a small reservoir in.  The temp sensor is still working I still have to add another ic to make use of the meter face.
  My cousin brought a computer in to be repaired, they recommended having them build a new one which he agreed to.  He brought the old one to me,  I get 6 beeps with no screen.  A Dell studio XPS 1800, to me it looks like they took out the video card.
  These cards are getting pretty expensive, maybe Intel having Cpu's that do video will hold back the prices for video cards.
Carl2

Posted May 14, 2018, 12:54:34 PM Logged

Offline Data
United Kingdom Administrator

Yes Carl, 6 beeps is normally a graphics card failure, of course it could be something else but the first thing to try would be another GPU  thumbsup
Posted May 14, 2018, 20:48:56 PM Logged

I probably won't do anything with my cousins computer at least for a while,  I still have to get my graphics card in the coffee lake and I'm still working on the temp monitor to get the system working.
Carl2
Posted May 15, 2018, 13:34:30 PM Logged

Working on the temp portion again.  The first stage works and the output voltage changes with temperature.  The second stage which is what I'm working on should be quite simple, set the gain to get full scale on the meter and eliminate any zero offset.  We are inverting the signal so hotter temps move the meter towards the right.  I removed the signal coming from the first stage and used a input from a potentiometer, the output of the IC should go between 12 volts to o volts by rotating the shaft.  It did that but there was quite a bit of oscillation as it moved between the plus and minus.  If the IC didn't burn itself out there might be some hope for it, it needs a capacitor to stop the oscillation then I can move on.
Carl2
Posted May 15, 2018, 22:37:56 PM Logged

Rather than go into details it much easier to say it works as it should. still to be done is to adjust gain and offset voltage.  It seems to have taken a long time but lots of projects going on at once.
Carl2
Posted May 18, 2018, 21:50:20 PM Logged

I've got the offset where it should be. I'll have to put a connector in to go to the meter and also put in another IC to act as a comparator that will turn on and off current to the Peltier.  Seems to be going along smoothly now.
Carl2
Posted May 19, 2018, 23:05:14 PM Logged

It really seems to be taking a long time to get this board completed but it's just about done.  I still need a few connectors that will get plugged into the board.
Carl2
Posted May 23, 2018, 14:11:49 PM Logged

Offline sybershot
United States WWW Posts: 1445

keep the faith your almost there, great job my friend  thumbsup thumbsup
Posted May 24, 2018, 01:13:01 AM Logged

Thanks Syber,  haven't heard anything from you on your build which everyone is still interested in.  The board is just about ready to be used with the power transistor board that will turn on and off the peltier cooler.
It actually has two transistors and can handle 2 coolers.  Lots of options with it and it can do quite a bit.  I bought another notebook since to other one is full and I have to move quite a bit into it.
Carl2
Posted May 24, 2018, 21:54:16 PM Logged

I put the graphic card in the computer, the radiator is mounted to the rear of the computer, simple 120 mm fan and radiator.  The heat problems form the graphic card heating things are now gone.  Drivers are on a DVD, not sure about the  8 pin power connector that was supplied and nothing about it is mentioned in the manual.  It seems like the power connector should lock in place but is not doing the locking.
Carl2
Posted May 25, 2018, 21:46:09 PM Logged

I went to the box for the power supply connectors and was able to find the connector for the graphic card.  This one locks in place as it should so that problem is gone.  I've still got to get the heat sink and fan back together then I should be able to start the computer and put in the drivers. 
Carl2
Posted May 26, 2018, 17:44:59 PM Logged
PC Hardware
Topic Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 181
161 Guests, 2 Users
Freddy, Urania

fast-registration