Intel Coffee Lake PC Hardware

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 18, 2018, 06:01:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Intel Coffee Lake

Viewing: 0 Members and 5 Guests       Total Views: 173888

Offline Carl2 Topic starter
United States Posts: 1141

I think the tank is working as it should, I'll move on to the having the power transistors turn the Peltier power on and off.  It has been quite a while since I worked on this and I'll have to look at the schematic to remember the details. The printed circuit should be mounted next to the meter.  I'll have to order cooper water blocks, pump, and a cooper radiator.
The heat is going to be taken out and replaced with the radiator which I keep forgetting. I was just looking at a way to easily mount the fan to the heat sink and remembered it will be removed.
  On the tank probably the best way to get water in and out is put screw in fittings, glue on a top with a fitting there also.
Carl2

Posted July 12, 2018, 11:46:49 AM Logged

I have my order in at Amazon, pump, water blocks, and radiator probably a few other Items I'll need.  I began straightening out my notes in another notebook, schematics to be copied and all.  Not really happy with the on off switch I put in, and actually not sure how much difference it makes since the water averages out the temp.  I'll have to try it out then make decisions from the results.  I'm wondering how long a tank at 32 F takes to warm up. 
Carl2
Posted July 13, 2018, 13:05:02 PM Logged

I'm still working on bringing my notes up to date. Things should begin being delivered in 4 days. 
Carl2
Posted July 14, 2018, 16:32:59 PM Logged

Notes are up to date, I should put in a parts layout of the circuit board  and I have to connect the circuit board to the slide in insert. 
Carl2
Posted July 15, 2018, 13:12:13 PM Logged

The pump should arrive today,  guess I'll pick up some tubing and see what happens when using water that is circulating which will slow the cooling process down.  I'm set up to use two Peltiers if I want.  I'll have 2 loops the cooling starting at the tank to the CPU and back to the tank. The second loop cools the hot side of the Peltier and goes to the radiator.  Looks like I have to buy another pump. 
Carl2
Posted July 16, 2018, 13:02:34 PM Logged

I did a little shopping at the hardware store, fittings for the pump, hoses.
I was hoping to find something to get in and out of the tank, the fittings I
bought for the pump have pipe threads and a nut will not work.  I decided to glue on the top and run tubing through a hole, I do have some threaded brass rod I can use that I can use nuts with. 
  Rather hot day and I just got home and I don't feel like doing much, nice day for a hot pizza and then ice cream.
Carl2
Posted July 16, 2018, 22:39:20 PM Logged

A few things to get done, the tank needs a top and the top needs tubes to go through the plastic, I'd like a threaded rod with nuts for a good mechanical connection.  I'll stop at a different hardware store today.  The second attempt at putting in the bottom seemed to work well and it's a bit of extra work but I'll use the same method on the top.
Carl2
Posted July 17, 2018, 12:34:54 PM Logged
PC Hardware
Topic Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 175
162 Guests, 1 User
Urania

fast-registration