Intel Coffee Lake PC Hardware

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2018, 16:25:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Intel Coffee Lake

Viewing: 0 Members and 3 Guests       Total Views: 226788

Offline Carl2 Topic starter
United States Posts: 1233

I decided I'd like the plastic tank to be the first thing connected to the radiator loop after the pump.  The tank is not read for this and it seems I'll have to switch to working on the tank.  I also need another plastic sheet to work with and I'd like a more flexible tubing such as car vacuum tubing even if it is not clear. 
Carl2
Posted September 02, 2018, 12:36:52 PM Logged

I got a little done on the tank yesterday, I have to pick up a few thing latter today and will continue working on it.
Carl2
Posted September 03, 2018, 12:53:05 PM Logged

After picking up the plastic I was able to make a holder for the Peltier and it's water block, the tank will sit on top of the holder, I'm hoping to have it screw on to the tank.  Most of the tank have new pieces for it.  I'll have to move the bottle cool water setup in with the tank setup since that water that's been cooled flows into the tank.  I'll have to go to the store to get nuts for the screws there.
Carl2
Posted September 04, 2018, 12:25:53 PM Logged

I fell asleep last night woke up around midnight and couldn't get back to sleep so I spent the rest of the night working on the cooler.  I have s series of cooper squares stacked and soldered together to bring the cool from the Peltier to the bottom of the tank, made a little oversized but it has to fit in a square cut in the holder. lots of filing to get it to fit.  Went to back to bed about 5:00. 
Carl2
Posted September 05, 2018, 13:55:52 PM Logged

I got a good nights sleep so it's just another day,  thunder storms today so it's work on the cooler.  I'm going to redo some work that has been done, really a step back but it may come in handy as work progresses.  Connecting the Peltier cooler and water block is on my mind and I have to connect to small tubing on the water block.
Carl2
Posted September 06, 2018, 13:52:12 PM Logged

I opened up the cooper sheets that hold the Peltier and add two more copper pieces to lengthen the amount they extend.  I need some way to hold the Peltier assembly to the tank.  I'm making new plastic pieces for the bottom of the tank and to hold the Peltier assembly.  I decided to put the water blocks in parallel instead of in series going to the radiator.
Carl2
Posted September 07, 2018, 12:47:04 PM Logged

I spent a little time experimenting with the thinner plastic pieces for the bottom of the tank, thinner and easier to cut but it is easier to put a crack in it.  I'll cut another piece and try again today.
Carl2
Posted September 08, 2018, 12:25:29 PM Logged

I got the thinner plastic plate cut to size with a square cut out of the center so that has been done.  I'll have to rebuild the Peltier assembly and put that back together again and then come up with a way to secure them together, preferably with screws.
Carl2
Posted September 09, 2018, 11:26:32 AM Logged

I cut the plastic plate, guess I'll reassemble the Peltier and water block and put them in the plastic the holder for them.  Busy and a bit under the weather yesterday so I didn't get much done.
Carl2
Posted September 10, 2018, 12:48:07 PM Logged

Rebuilding the Peltier assembly cleaning off thermal paste and sanding copper plates for flatness.  Paint thinner cleans off the paste but after placing the foam in paint thinner the foam expanded and was to large to use again. 
Carl2
Posted September 11, 2018, 13:23:44 PM Logged

Ready to put on the thermal paste on the Peltier and also cutting a square hole in a square piece of plastic which is taking a bit of time.  Moving forward though.
Carl2
Posted September 12, 2018, 13:48:21 PM Logged

I made four small plastic pieces to be glued to the bottom sides of the tank. They will be drilled and tapped so screws can hold it in the proper position so cold from the Peltier can travel to the copper to the tank.
Carl2
Posted September 13, 2018, 13:11:01 PM Logged

The plastic pieces worked out well but 1 piece did not hold properly and had to be replaced.  It will be drilled and taped today, then I'll move on to the Peltier and water block.
Carl2
Posted September 14, 2018, 12:29:40 PM Logged

All the plastic pieces are on the tank so the tank and Peltier with water block are held together with screws.  Now I can move on to connecting the water lines.  I was lucky enough to find some smaller tubing the fits a smaller tubing I used with the water block.  It's time to move the second pre cooler  that supplies cooled water to the tank to be cooled more and this water goes to the CPU water block.
Carl2
Posted September 15, 2018, 12:24:43 PM Logged

Things are going along pretty well, I do add to the height of the tank with the water block, it would be much better to block the inlet and outlet and drill holes in the side for the inlet outlet.  I'll have to begin work on the cooper pieces inside the tank,  the old solder one piece while a piece just soldered melts.
Carl2
Posted September 16, 2018, 12:50:04 PM Logged
PC Hardware
Topic Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 233
175 Guests, 1 User
Urania