Intel Coffee Lake PC Hardware

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2018, 02:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Intel Coffee Lake

Viewing: 0 Members and 2 Guests       Total Views: 257329

Online Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

This is turning into something of an epic thing Carl  Grin

I admire the dedication - it would be great to see a photo sometime as I have trouble picturing what it looks like.
Posted October 03, 2018, 19:02:41 PM Logged

Offline Carl2 Topic starter
United States Posts: 1258

I'd like to put some pics in but I have to reduce the pixels or the size is to large to upload.  I have a program that will do it somewhere but it isn't in the computer. I just tried paint and it won't do that.
Carl2
Posted October 04, 2018, 14:36:00 PM Logged

Online Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

It can be done with Windows 10 native apps.

Find your image and right click on it, from the menu that pops up choose 'Edit'.

In the paint program resize is one of the options as shown in screen shot attached.

Resize it down, save as a new file and you are good to go.

Note that the max file size is 380 KB so you may have to play with it a bit to see what kind of size you are aiming for.

edit picture.JPG
Intel Coffee Lake
* edit picture.JPG (126.45 KB, 660x849 - viewed 25 times.)
Posted October 04, 2018, 21:40:32 PM Logged

I just checked out paint again to edit it opens 3D paint, I can reduce the size.  I'll take some pics, reduce and try to post.  The thermal paste I'm waiting for should be here tomorrow.  Must be one of the longest projects I've been involved with.
Carl2
Posted October 05, 2018, 13:15:39 PM Logged

Thermal paste arrived late yesterday, back to work on the Cooler.
Carl2
Posted October 06, 2018, 12:32:18 PM Logged

Freddy, I took a few pics using a old tablet, in the past I just connected with a USB cable and it would show me what was in the memory.  Trying that now gives me no connection.  I tried putting a disk in the computer which showed up but there is nothing showing when the tablet is connected with the USB. 
Carl2
Posted October 07, 2018, 17:07:30 PM Logged

Offline Data
United Kingdom Administrator

Sometimes your tablet will ask you (with a pop up) to allow data transfer, when you plug it in to the PC keep an eye on the tablet screen and allow "data transfer" if asked.   
Posted October 07, 2018, 18:19:13 PM Logged

I don't recall it ever asking, I went through settings most of which don't mean anything to me.  Maybe opening it up and taking out the card, putting it in the card slot would work.
  I got both vaporizers working yesterday so now that that need has been met I should be able to get something done on the Peltier cooler.
Carl2

Posted October 08, 2018, 13:26:21 PM Logged

I spent some time working on the vaporizer coils but did spend a small amount of time on the Peltier cooler.
Carl2
Posted October 09, 2018, 12:43:06 PM Logged

Problems with the vaporizer coils so I went back to the Peltier cooler, the tank, Peltier and hot water block are put together and ready to put in the tubing.
Carl2
Posted October 11, 2018, 13:20:54 PM Logged

I'm putting in the preheater which feeds into the tank and the tank output goes to the CPU then back to the preheater input.  There are 2 hot side water blocks that pass through the reservior the water blocks and go to the radiator and back to the pump input.  sounds simple enough now to get it done.
Carl2
Posted October 12, 2018, 14:16:26 PM Logged

Things are moving along rather nicely, simplified I connect 2 hot water blocks to the radiator and I connect 2 cold water blocks to the CPU, it helps to simplify so I don't confuse myself.  Some things have to be redone so the fit in a smaller space.  I'll have to take apart a Peltier and two water blocks so I can redo the connectors and make it fit in.
Carl2
Posted October 13, 2018, 12:58:55 PM Logged

A cold and I didn't work on the cooler yesterday.  I'll see hoe I feel today and try to get something done.
Carl2
Posted October 14, 2018, 12:18:39 PM Logged

I put on a 90 degree bend on the top of the tank, on testing there was a leak. The leak was at the top edge of the tank.  The top was taken off for repairs and needs to be resealed.
Carl2
Posted October 15, 2018, 12:14:19 PM Logged
PC Hardware
Topic Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 203
187 Guests, 2 Users
Freddy, Urania