thinking about a new pc and server PC Hardware...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 20:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery

DatahopaForumComputer RelatedPC Hardwarethinking about a new pc and server

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

thinking about a new pc and server

Viewing: 0 Members and 2 Guests       Total Views: 69031

Offline Carl2
United States Posts: 1113

I don't think I've seen anything like your case, totally new to me.  I wish you luck with the GPU since they sell for twice the price they should sell for.
Carl2
Posted February 28, 2018, 12:40:37 PM Logged

Offline sybershot Topic starter
United States WWW Posts: 1446

Thanks Carl, I may just go with an older model NVidia Quadro, unless prices come down. yea the case has not been out long, but if I could do it again I would probably buy a different case this thing is way more case than I will ever need.
Posted March 01, 2018, 23:15:22 PM Logged

Offline Carl2

I have a case larger than the midsize but smaller than the tower so it's just what I wanted.  You've got quite a bit going into you're case so the room probably comes in handy, better to much than not enough.  The water loops sound interesting to me let me know how well they work.
  On graphic cards I'd like the 1970 but will probably go to the 1060 because of price, I've heard prices will go down and will not go down so it's a wait and see.
Carl2
Posted March 02, 2018, 13:37:15 PM Logged

Offline DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

but if I could do it again I would probably buy a different case this thing is way more case than I will ever need.

I feel you there, Syber. But look at it this way; if you had to, you could use it as a hiding place during the zombie apocalypse. You could prolly fit the whole famn damily in it. Cheesy Tongue
Posted March 02, 2018, 14:40:42 PM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us

too funny Dave, but if there ever was a zombie apocalypse I would not be hiding I would be getting in some target practice  Tongue

The water loops sound interesting to me let me know how well they work.
will do Carl, but might be a while for not planning on doing the custom loop till I get a gpu.
Posted March 04, 2018, 03:25:02 AM Logged

got a power supply and a 500gb laptop size hhd for my AT3N& A-1 intel atom motherboard with NVidia ion, which is now also installed in the back half of my huge case. I am going to be using this as my server, I tried to install windows server but it would not install from a usb so I installed a trial of unraid, however if I stay with unraid I will need at least 1 more 500gb hhd, for unraid uses a parity drive.

I also found a way to mount my radiator in the front half of the case.

Sorry all but I been busy but still chugging along with the build, pics are too large to upload here and have not had time to resize them. so I started a build log here http://www.scriptedintelligence.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=160&p=221#p221
Posted March 05, 2018, 02:34:55 AM Logged

Offline Carl2

I generally think of a radiator being mounted on the outside of the case, I guess the radiator is vented to the outside.  I'm thinking of buying a Peltier to play around it.
Carl2
Posted March 05, 2018, 12:13:58 PM Logged

I generally think of a radiator being mounted on the outside of the case, I guess the radiator is vented to the outside.

They use to mount them outside the case when water cooling first came out, now case manufactures are starting to make internal mounting areas for them.  mine has mounting areas in the back of the case and in the front above the hhd tray. when I build my custom loops the rads will be in the back of the case. Atm I have the rad mounted above the hhd tray in the front half of the case.

I'm thinking of buying a Peltier to play around it.
besure to post some temps if you do  Wink
Posted March 06, 2018, 02:12:23 AM Logged

Offline Carl2

Now I remember looking at some water coolers and they were made for sitting inside with a fan blowing air out of the case.  I just looked at some Peltier coolers about $12 for 4 with different ratings.  A 300W PS for 12 V at 9 amps for the power for around $30, I've got a thermistor I'll use with it to turn it on when the temp is getting high.  Maybe a high flow rate fan would help too.  I need this money for the video card though.
Carl2
Posted March 06, 2018, 17:14:17 PM Logged

I made a motherboard tray out of acrylic, painted the back side white, and mounted it in the back of the case. I installed the motherboard psu 1 500gb hhd and 1 usb to host the "unraid os". I also purchased 2 seagates enterprise edition 4tb hhd that arrived today Smiley However install of the 2 hhds will have to wait till the weekend.

one 4tb will be the parity drive and the other 4tb drive and the 500gb drive will be for secured storage.

I added pictures of the motherboard tray and motherboard mounted to tray, feel free to take a look and let me know if you have any ideas, comments and or criticizm Smiley http://www.scriptedintelligence.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=160&p=221#p221

Posted March 16, 2018, 01:11:51 AM Logged

Offline Carl2

I looked mostly at the first pic, guessing it must be the motherboard, much different than mine.  Nice website, I like AI myself but only go as far as Hal.
Carl2
Posted March 17, 2018, 12:31:38 PM Logged

Online Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

Looks great Syber - I like all the LEDs  Cool thumbsup
Posted March 17, 2018, 14:52:37 PM Logged

I looked mostly at the first pic, guessing it must be the motherboard, much different than mine.
Carl first image is of the server motherboard that I put in the back of the case, the last image is of my msi mobo in the front of the case

Nice website, I like AI myself but only go as far as Hal.
Thanks Carl, A.I. always fascinated me, I am also thinking about changing the theme for the website, been pondering it for a while now to give it a fresh new look. What I would really like to do is hard code a new site, but I do not have the time for that.

Looks great Syber - I like all the LEDs   
Thanks Freddy  thumbsup I might add some more when I build a custom loop, I am thinking about getting all Thermaltake led fittings for the tubing.
Posted March 17, 2018, 20:10:20 PM Logged

Girl bought me a temporary gpu for my pc, it is a msi gtx 1050 ti.
It work a lot better than the onboard graphics, no window shutter when moving a window left to ro right or up and down quickly.

Posted March 27, 2018, 23:54:32 PM Logged

Online Data
United Kingdom Administrator

no window shutter when moving a window left to ro right or up and down quickly.
I honestly can't say I have noticed any stuttering with the integrated HD graphics when moving windows around screen.
Posted March 28, 2018, 00:11:58 AM Logged
PC Hardware
Topic Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 197
176 Guests, 3 Users
Freddy, Data, Urania

fast-registration