Windows 10... PC Software

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 23:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
Search:         Keywords:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Windows 10...

Viewing: 0 Members and 2 Guests       Total Views: 76905

Online Data
United Kingdom Administrator

Anyone else get a notification about an update ?

When I clicked on the notification, it says to do a manual update...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4015563/windows-10-update-to-the-latest-version

I haven't had that message but my win 10 is already up-dated to the anniversary edition 1607.

I think the update is for users on 1507 to up-date to 1607.

To check your current version:

In the search box on the taskbar, type winver and then press Enter.
Posted May 02, 2017, 11:37:57 AM Logged

Offline Carl2
United States Posts: 727

When I clicked on visit https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 it brought me to Windows 10 Creators Update which I have already seen and don't want to be bothered with.  They do offer a tool for just upgrading a computer to Win 10, since I'm not sure where my original Flash drive is I wouldn't mind making another one
Carl2
Posted May 02, 2017, 12:25:12 PM Logged

Offline Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

Thanks Data  thumbsup

Must be a false positive then because that gives me Version 1703.

I thought it was odd because about a week ago I had one big update that took a lot longer than usual. I think you chaps must be in for that soon too, I seem to get them before the rest of you.

winver.PNG
Windows 10...
* winver.PNG (10.94 KB, 339x211 - viewed 307 times.)
Posted May 02, 2017, 13:09:31 PM Logged

Offline DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

Yup. I got it, too.  Had me worried for a moment that I had picked up a nasty, but since the site was actually from M$, I figured it was ok. I did check for updates manually, however, just to be on the safe side. Turns out there was an actual update. I didn't opt for the "creator's update", though, whatever that is. I'll wait till it comes out for everyone.
Posted May 02, 2017, 14:08:53 PM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us

Online Data

This could be a yearly thing then, during the year we get up-dates then once a year we get a new OS build. I quite like the idea actually, it should help us keep windows running over the years. 
Posted May 02, 2017, 17:50:43 PM Logged

Offline DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

I have mixed feelings about the way it was presented, though. It was just different enough from the way Windows usually behaves to make me suspicious. That isn't a bad thing, though. Still, I don't like being suspicious. Tongue
Posted May 02, 2017, 18:23:00 PM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us

Offline Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

An improvement I noticed was that it gave me the option to shut down or shut down and update. I find it a pain in the bum when you want to go to bed and the thing takes ages to update.
Posted May 02, 2017, 23:16:19 PM Logged

Offline Carl2

Since I haven't come across my first download of Win 10 I'm making a new USB download.  There was a Wim recovery file in there which I deleated.  I renamed the USB drive so inserting it will show me the Win 10, I also need to put a label on it.
Carl2
Posted May 09, 2017, 15:09:12 PM Logged

Offline Carl2

I didn't take to long for the download, I remember it took overnight for the earlier downloads.  I did remove the name for the drive I had put on and I just put a label on the USB drive.  I know someone that mentioned upgrading to Win 10 so I can give the link and other info to them.
Carl2
Posted May 09, 2017, 17:28:58 PM Logged

Online Data

I know someone that mentioned upgrading to Win 10 so I can give the link and other info to them.
Carl2

Carl, you do know the free up-grade to win 10 is over now don't you ?
Posted May 09, 2017, 18:50:11 PM Logged

Offline Carl2

Your link brings you to update Win 10 going to the second page at the top of the page you can update, further down you can "Create Windows 10 installation media"   "Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10."
  With a USB drive you click on the Download Tool Now and it Installs the Win 10 installer on to the USB.  Reading the info provided it looks like you can upgrade Win 7, 8, 8.1 or do a clean install of Win 10. 
  I clicked on the setup on the USB drive and got to the Accept or decline screen then stopped it.  I'm hoping it may be useful if I have a problem with the OS and disks cost $!00
Carl2
Posted May 10, 2017, 13:40:20 PM Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 163
130 Guests, 2 Users
Data, Urania