Make a FREE webpage - Posted In Problem Solving

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Hosted in the Cloud RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

1 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 18, 2018, 05:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
Here you can post questions and get answers to help you solve problems with Windows based PC’s

We welcome your questions, with over 15 years experience with PC’s we might even find the answer for you.

Pages: [1]

Make a FREE webpage

Viewing: 0 Members and 1 Guest       Total Views: 2473

Offline 8pla.net Topic starter
United States WWW Posts: 175

I just launched a free hobby web page on a top level domain name registry providing free domain names.  If you would like to discuss this domain name registry, simply ask.  However, the focus of this discussion is about making a free hobby web page, but without making any recommendations.

The hobby web page may be found at memorylog.ml where you will find no advertisements whatsoever, or even any external links at this point.  So, getting traffic really does not matter for a hobby web page.  What does matter is discussing the benefits and limits to be able to get the most out of it.

So far I found some limits to the free hobby web page.  The number of web pages is limited to one.  And, the web development is limited to HTML and JavaScript. But, JavaScript has become powerful lately.  Instead of auto renewal the domain renewal policy is, "Minimum Advance Renewal is 14 Days for Free Domains".  So, a manual renewal of the free domain name is needed.  It is a good idea to keep a full web page backup.

Beyond these few limits, this free hobby web page comes with zero advertisements, a free domain name, a free web page editor with a choice of themes, and images, and free web development in HTML and JavaScript. The web development may be a little tricky to find inside the web page editor.  But as you can see from memorylog.ml it works pretty well in my opinion.  What do you think?

Reference:  A live demo for this discussion  may be found at http : // MemoryLog . ML  as of the date of this post, but the link is not active in this post, since it is subject to change if not manually renewed.  Permission to delete this post at any time for any reason is granted.  A year from now, it may become something else, if not manually renewed on time.
Posted May 06, 2018, 17:33:45 PM
Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 18:45:30 PM by 8pla.net
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Offline DaveMorton
United States WWW Global Moderator
Comfort the Disturbed! Disturb the Comfortable!

A few questions come to mind here:

1.) Are you allowed to upload your own content in the form of images or custom scripts, and if so, what are the limits for that (e.g. only 5 images, with either file size or pixel dimension restrictions {or both}, or no JS uploads allowed)

2.) Can your HTML make external calls to CDN-based external stylesheets/scripts (e.g. jquery via the Google CDN, or a Bootstrap CSS file via their CDN at cdnjs.com)

I have other questions still, but they depend greatly on the answers to the ones I have already posted.
 Smiley
Posted May 06, 2018, 20:32:26 PM Logged
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961!
Chat With Morti!

CAPTCHA4us

Offline 8pla.net Topic starter
United States WWW Posts: 175

Just in general, everybody... Please let me emphasize I do not suggest, promote or recommend anything.  This is strictly for the sake of discussing a hobby.  Dave asked, "Are you allowed to upload your own content in the form of images or custom scripts?"

Yes.  Large images ( I think ) can be uploaded. So if there is a size limit I think it is a generous one.
Yes.  Custom scripts are copy and pasted into an online script editor and saved.

Dave asked, "Can your HTML make external calls to CDN-based external stylesheets/scripts (e.g. jquery via the Google CDN, or a Bootstrap CSS file via their CDN at cdnjs.com)"

Maybe. Editing HTML at the source level is allowed.  But keep a local copy of the HTML, in case the website editor may overwrite it using the defaults.
Posted May 07, 2018, 00:18:22 AM Logged
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine
Problem Solving
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 175
162 Guests, 1 User
Urania

fast-registration