Game Consoles PC Games

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:   Password:

Unlimited Web Hosting RSS

Recent Topics

Gallery Latest

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

0 comment(s)

Search The Gallery

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 06, 2020, 02:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum
Web
Gallery
Search:         Keywords:

Pages: [1]

Game Consoles

Viewing: 0 Members and 3 Guests       Total Views: 1001

Offline Art Topic starter
United States Posts: 232
It will come to this one day....

For you die-hard gamers, Do you have a preference in consoles between the PS4 (Pro) vs the Xbox One-X?
Would you please list your likes/dislikes or reasoning behind your choice.

Yes, I know the PS5 and Xbox One Series X are due to be released toward the end of this year but what's your preference now? or would you choose to wait for the new upgrades?

Thanks!! I have lots of grandkids!!
(and I have me too!!) Wink
Posted July 13, 2020, 20:09:27 PM Logged
In the world of A.I. it's the thought that counts!

Offline Data
United Kingdom Administrator

Hi Art, good to hear from you  Smiley

I think you might be asking the wrong people here, we tend to do all our gaming on the good old PC, I have never even owned a console.

I do know this:

There are fan boys for both PlayStation and Xbox, as for the hardware there doesn't seem to be much in it these days, they both have similar specs, the final choice might come down to the games, some games are only available on one or the other console.

Sorry I can't be any more help.
Posted July 14, 2020, 08:30:14 AM Logged

Offline Freddy
United Kingdom WWW Administrator

I've had both and don't really have a favourite, they both have good points.

I have an XBox One X and I admire it. Main thing for me was to stop chasing PC upgrades all the time to play new games and spend less on a console that would play the blockbusters well and with more certainty that it would work. Of course games on consoles these days still do get updates - but compared to the PC you don't have to dig around the nether regions of some obscure GPU settings or hacks to get things to work when you run into trouble.

Selling point on the XBox One X for me is that it can do 4K and on my large 4K TV it looks great  Cool

It will also play UHD discs (4K movies) - although I have not bought any yet - it's nice for future proofing though as they will likely come down in price as time goes on.

I would wait until the end of the year to see what the new stuff brings. For me I am happy to keep on with what I have a while yet I think.
Posted July 14, 2020, 13:52:10 PM Logged

Thanks for the input, gentlemen! (and I use that term rather loosely!)  lol
Posted July 14, 2020, 14:06:59 PM Logged

Offline Snowcrash
England Global Moderator

I remember playing the latest games. I mainly play on my phone these days. Still have a PS3 but rarely use it. Had a chipped PS1 so I guess I'm more a Sony fan than M$.
Exclusive games would be the crux for me. Are you a Gran Turismo or Forza fan.

Posted July 14, 2020, 21:18:01 PM Logged
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Data
United Kingdom Administrator

If we were to get a bit technical then it's worth pointing out that the soon to be released consoles are going to be fully AMD based machines and very high specs for the price, there is going to be quite a large leap in performance over the previous gen.

To build a PC of the same specs would cost at least double, the games tend to be considerably cheaper to by on the PC though.

Interestingly this video popped up on YouTube for me today, again a bit technical but some good info in there.

Posted July 15, 2020, 08:54:36 AM Logged

Nice post! I enjoyed that video and may just try to get one for myself since there are so many really great games available and coming!
Being kind of stuck at home and retired, it's a win-win for me and the Mrs. enjoys some gaming although most of hers is on her phone...and she has Facebook with all her friends, etc. (I do not partake, thank you).  lol

Just for the sake of some of their original games, I'm kind of leaning toward the PS? to be determined.
Posted July 15, 2020, 14:26:56 PM Logged
PC Games
Topic Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Site Activity
Most Online Today: 136
89 Guests, 1 User
DataBot

fast-registration